Help with vascularity. Supplements, foods, etc.

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Jag93
STARTING OUT

Help with vascularity. Supplements, foods, etc.

Post by Jag93 »

Hey I'm just looking for some advice regarding vascularity and the best ways to achieve good vascularity. I've been working out for four years and I'm relatively defined and have a good body shape I just want that vascularity because I'm working towards being a fitness model. And that'll look better in portfolio. Thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Help with vascularity. Supplements, foods, etc.

Post by Boss Man »

A bit of a difficult one that. You could possibly try an NO product and see if that works, but generally I don't rate something like that.

When you workout, do you tend to get a bit veiny when you're pumped? That happens to me in the arms but nowhere else, but then I'm low fat but not ripped low fat, which was never a want of mine anyway.

Another possible way would be to see if your could go any lower by tweaking the diet.

You could introduce something like cayenne pepper into the mix as that is known to have thermogenic properties, but you could also possibly reduce your carbs by around 10g per meal and then replace the calories with fat, as then you'll create a maintenance, but without the usual amout of carbs to use for energy, the body could source more fat for energy.

However If your carbs were going to dip below 20g per meal, then I would abstain from that.

Another possibility would be to increase water consumption to flush out bits of extra fat. Another way to utilise this would be to be do a water load, like some competitors do before shows, where you consume a glass of water every hour for around 14-16 hours, then don't drink again for several hours. I'd leave it around 24 hours before drinking again, but this method would be best utilised before photo shoots and no other time, if you went down that route, but it is something you would have to be comfortable with obviously.
Jag93
STARTING OUT

Post by Jag93 »

Thanks man. I'll look into those tips. Yeah I do get pretty veiny during a workout everywhere. I'm about 9% bf and I think if I got down to 6 or 7 that would make a difference. Yeah I think tweaking the diet is gonna be the best thing for me. I stay hydrated and I cycle on and off of NO products. I'll definitely look into the cayenne pepper thing. And any diet tweaks that'll aid me in this. Thanks for the tips.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The one thing to be aware of is not to go too low on the fat level. Too low can compromise your body when sustained for a long period.

You could maybe go another 1% lower, but I would certainly not go below 6%.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Nice advice, especially suggesting cayenne pepper! I would like to add asparagus on that list as it's a natural diuretic and will tend to dry you out. If veins are already visible while working out then eating asparagus all week and see what happens. The combination of the two should help you out!!