Thoughts About The Site

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Thoughts About The Site

Post by Boss Man »

I was thinking recently about how this site has affected peoples lives over the years and you know I had a comment given to me once, effectively saying that most people on here achieve nothing much, which is actually not true at all.

We've had people managing to push themselves with thyroid problems and in some cases other issues as well.

We've had someone here who ran a long distance race, despite having a serious condition that meant needing to have tumours removed from their spine and partial loss of eye sight.

We've had someone who self loathed and couldn't stick at anything physical, becoming a journalist, consistent crossfit enthusiast and public speaker.

We've had people competing in figure competitions.

We've had people competing in long and short distance races, despite in some cases having medical problems.

We've had a member come back after a very arduous and difficult period of illness, involving months in a wheelchair, walking back into a gym and not giving in.

So to anyone who thinks we have hardly anyone on here achieving anything, you're wrong, because every one of those people in their time here were and are still winners, for never giving up on themselves.

We don't have self declared failures on here, we just have people with differing levels of success and these people are not getting several tens or even hundreds of followers on their journals, or doing this with loads of supplements they bought on our site, as we sell almost none and they are not doing it with others from here supporting them in person in their actual lives, they are doing it with a little bit of help and guidance from a teeny weeny percentage of physically active people with internet connections, most or all of whom they will probably never meet.

So to anyone viewing this site who may at first glance think this site breeds mostly failure and not much success, they're wrong. We change lives every day and become the start of that change for people and then they start making some of that happen and all those people in their own way are winners of one sort or another and I've been proud to help and support so many of them over the years and I won't stop anytime soon, because I've read about and received so much emotion, that I couldn't think of a single reason to leave this site and not come back.

I've learned things, experienced quite a bit and grown in own way over these years and I wouldn't take back a single good thing, or bit of constructive criticism I've ever given, nor would I take back any of the experiences I've head reading and responding to things.

To all who have made this site what it is past and present, THANK YOU, because It wouldn't be what it is without you :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Thoughts About The Site

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nicely said boss. :D
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Excellently written!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Nice! 100% agree :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I agree with you 100%!

I have been on this site for a while now and I have cried with problems and cried with happy tears because I have friends and warm community I can share struggles with. I have achieved many goals and have failed many times. However, I continue to keep pushing to educate myself and never give up!

I left the forum due to personal problems but always come back because of the great people and support. I feel like I can always share struggles: mentally, emotionally and physically and without being judged.

I also want to THANK everybody who contributes to the community and I also want to give you bossman a big THANK YOU - for always giving your support & honest opinions and regulating the site to be a safe place from bullies and random advertisements! :mrgreen:
KelW78
STARTING OUT

Post by KelW78 »

I'm so thankful for coming across this site. The success stories gave me the motivation that I needed to get myself together & lose weight. I've hit rock bottom, weight problem consumes life. It has contributed to me losing relationship. I'm 5'3 & 320 lbs. I'm a 36 year old mother of a two year old that wants to live. I come here for inspiration & motivation when I'm feeling low. I can't wait to post success story; it's coming soon!!! Thanks Again shapefit.com
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

We look forward to reading it :)