The Rise Of Super

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

The Rise Of Super

Post by Boss Man »

You're probably wondering what this is about, but is it just me or is suddenly the use of the word super getting over used?

People suddenly calling famous people "super talented", or "super lovely", as opposed to very, or really, or totally.

People describing things with descriptions like "super wonderful"

Is this a fad and in a couple of years will people go back to using the word super in its previous accepted contexts?

I hope this is a fad, as it's becoming a bit yuck :wink:
vamp
VETERAN

Re: The Rise Of Super

Post by vamp »

Haven't really heard it too much around here other than normal context but I am sure it will filter through. lol.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I haven't heard it either more than normal. What i hear either with celebrities talking themselves or people on tv talking about celebrities is the word "amazing" . :roll: :roll:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Alinshop used an instance of such a thing on the board recently which actually prompted post :wink:

Nothing mean to him by that of course.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Boss Man wrote:Alinshop used an instance of such a thing on the board recently which actually prompted post :wink:

Nothing mean to him by that of course.
:lol: I think that's just SUPER!!! :D

By the way, I will now watch use of that word! :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

:shock:
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Alinshop, I think its super that you will being saving your supers for really super times!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

vamp wrote:Alinshop, I think its super that you will being saving your supers for really super times!

Ha ha! :shock: :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

there is a gas station here called Super America or some people call is S. A. and the cashiers always say to have a "super" day.

After you said this i've never liked the word super. It just made me realize. it does seem overused and not really that great of a word.

I try not to say it anymore although sometimes it escapes me. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That example is not too bad to me, because at least you couldn't substitute the word for a word beginning with y very easily as then the phrase would be grammatically incorrect.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I wish I was better at grammar. It would help with spanish. I can tell you are extremely good at it. I had another phrase that annoys me but i decided to not post it. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm just going to say it. The phrases that annoy me are when people say the are so "blessed" or give you their thoughts and prayers. I really wonder how many people go home and pray for you. :?: :?: I've taken up what boss use to say which is, i send best wishes now. I don't know why they bother me i think it's they just sound kind of phony. Like republicans every time we have someone shoot tons of people send their thoughts and prayers but do no action to prevent gun violence. It just seems phony.

sorry i am in a bitchy mood today. I bitched about republicans and now i'm bitching about this. Time to go off line. :twisted:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

sorry i was crabby today. Nothing to do with on here. Nothing to do with politics either.

having republicans in control really does make me sad though. I don't really feel they represent anything good for most americans and i feel like there is nothing anyone can do to change it till the next election. But that is the way it is.

I wonder if net nuetrality laws being changed which it sounds like they might for corporate greed and how it will effect shape fit.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't apologise. There is no offense to anyone implied here.