How to be Happy With What You Have

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

DecidedToday
STARTING OUT

How to be Happy With What You Have

Post by DecidedToday »

When changing your lifestyle to a much more healthy, and positive way is difficult and everyone has an end goal of what they want. But often times one of the hardest things to do is to be happy with what we're given in our life.

Most of us have big aspirations for the future and if you’re anything like me, you are always looking for the next thing to work on or area to improve your skills or knowledge in – both personally and professionally.

Is this you? Always in search of an “elusive happiness” and think of it as something that will happen to you after reaching a certain point in your life?

I think a lot of us are that way, but in experience this is the wrong approach.

You can learn to be happy with what you have in life. It’s all about your attitude.

Maybe you want to learn a new language, master the trumpet—or heck, I don’t know – write a book? Even with a goal like this in mind, there’s always a force pushing you to jump to another project as soon as the previous task is done. You don’t want to waste a single day of your life feeling as if you didn’t accomplish something meaningful.

I totally get that, but ask yourself this.

Did you take time to stop and think about what you’ve accomplished after each project and after each win? Are you taking a moment to appreciate what you have created, learned, or considered how you have bettered yourself?
fitncer
STARTING OUT

Re: How to be Happy With What You Have

Post by fitncer »

Look to those people who have not. And you will be happy with what you have.
rokit
STARTING OUT

Post by rokit »

look at those who live worse than you.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Be at the moment and appreciate what you have. Have a positive mindset to things. Most of all be humble. :)
rokit
STARTING OUT

Post by rokit »

I want to tell you one life story. It so happened that I loved classmate and had never met anyone. The time has passed we grew up married and I also could not live without her. But I have such a job that I have to constantly go on business trips. So I came once without warning ... and found wife in bed with another man. I did not swear did not begin to sort things out. And just gone. He went to his friend who saw me immediately understood everything. It turns out it lasted a long time. It's just that I was not in love with and busy with work. In general, he advised me not to think about anything and leave to rest to the ocean. We have been looking for a long time with him where to go, but having found https://12knots.com/en/yacht-charter/d ... bbean/bvi/ I decided that I wanted to swim in the boundless ocean and not to think about anything. I booked a boat for eight days and pulled. In total, I spent about a month in the Virgin Islands and returned as a different person. The only thing I understood then was that much depended on us. Especially we will be happy or not.
Nairo
STARTING OUT

Post by Nairo »

fitncer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 pm Look to those people who have not. And you will be happy with what you have.
Wise words. Is that a quote?

I just go with the approach - take each day as it comes. You never know how many you have left.
Kidose
STARTING OUT

Post by Kidose »

Well it's normal to want for more :) For example I always was thinking that it would be great to buy villa in Phuket here but I don't have enough money to do that so instead I just rent villa for several weeks there and just rest. But in general I am happy with what I have right now.