Opinions in the Gym

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

megalmop
STARTING OUT

Opinions in the Gym

Post by megalmop »

Hi Everyone,

I am desperate to lose weight and get fit but I am so self-conscious and am concerned about what others think of me working out at the gym. I was hoping that people will share their opinions and thoughts of seeing overweight people working out at the gym. I am hoping that people are positive and don't try to put others down, but I would like to see what the overall honest opinion is.

Thank you in advance for your comments :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Opinions in the Gym

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Megalmop, good to speak to you.

Personally seeing people with weight problems training in the gym does not cause me an issue as such. The only issue I have is seeing people using the same amount of tiddly weight over and over again and seeing them look virtually no different after a few months, because they hinder their own weight loss, by labouring under some old and worthless stereotypes / myths about females lifting weights and what it can or can't do.

Ultimately however, they have as much right to be there as I do, if they're a paying customer / client / punter, whatever you want to call it, so I would only really be bothered by any such person if they were acting in an anti-social manner like being rude for example.
megalmop
STARTING OUT

Post by megalmop »

Thank you for your reply.
rvn2590@yahoo.com
STARTING OUT

Post by rvn2590@yahoo.com »

It is considered improper gym etiquette to disrespect the less fit new comers to the gym. Besides this the casual users of the gym keep the price down for the gym regulars! Welcome to the gym wishing you success in your fitness goals!