Melatonin.

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

CastletonSNob
STARTING OUT

Melatonin.

Post by CastletonSNob »

I have ADHD, and I have trouble sleeping. I take an OTC sleep formula pill that contains melatonin, which helps me sleep. I've been taking it intermittently since 2007.
However, I'm worried that I'll become dependent on it. What do I do?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Melatonin.

Post by Boss Man »

Do you have any links to the product at all?
CastletonSNob
STARTING OUT

Post by CastletonSNob »

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well it doesn't seem like a dodgy product after I inspected it, but if you have been taking it intermittently for 10 years why do you think you would become dependent, as most people who become addicted to things like that take less than 10 years .
CastletonSNob
STARTING OUT

Post by CastletonSNob »

So, I'm probably fine?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well I would think you're not likely to become addicted to it if your use has been intermittent or sporadic at best for 10 years and it is not manufactured with any chemicals in it, just natural ingredients.

About the worst thing in there is magnesium stearate, which is a filler used in many supplements on the market and although fillers do not have to be listed by law on the packaging in some or all countries, unlike active ingredients, this product lists it which is a good act of transparency, because they could have utilised the non-disclosure legislation surrounding fillers and not made mention of it, so that's a good thing.