A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

numberonehatter
STARTING OUT

Post by numberonehatter »

Hi, I've been lurking around reading posts and I thought I'd better register and say hello.

I'm looking to get serious about training and fitness after a long period of neglecting the gym. To cut a long story short I've been away from the gym for around 3 years, whilst struggling with stress and anxiety combined with over indulging in alcohol, a poor diet and total lack of motivation.

goal for now is loose the extra body fat and improve strength and stamina as well as to release some much needed endorphins through exercise.

As I've not been training for so long I'm trying to research the best way to get started again. Be great if anyone on the forum has some constructive advice on where to start or if anyone has similar experiences with regards getting back into training.

I'm in mid 30's, have an office based job where I work long hours, but I have just joined back up at a gym, which is predominantly weights focused although there is a small amount of cardio equipment available.

Thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Newbie

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Numberonehatter good to talk to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
numberonehatter
STARTING OUT

Hi Boss Man and thanks.

I've just started looking at diet this week as I am returning to training. The below has not been typical of how I have been eating previously but how I think I should be eating going forwards. Let me know if you have suggestions to improve on this?

Here is plan

Breakfast 7.15
Small bowl of Porridge / blueberries and a coffee

Mid morning 10.30 ish
Protien Shake (CNP Propeptide with added oats) and a piece of fruit

Lunch 1pm
Chicken or tuna salad (spinch leaves, rocket, nuts, olive oil)

Afternoon snack 4.30pm
Handfull of almonds and piece of fruit

Post workout protien shake around 7pm

8.30pm evening meal
High quality protien source (beef / chicken / turkey / fish) with veg

Plenty of water / green teas through the day

logic was to try and cut calories down a little from what they are at currently but spread into six small meals rather than 3...and to up protien intake as well as taking in good quality carbs early in the day?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

In fairness I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
numberonehatter
STARTING OUT

Well that's a good start.....hopefully I can stick to it :D