protein shakes!

A place to hang with other members, introduce yourself and discuss practically anything.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

FERNANDOVASQUEZ
STARTING OUT

protein shakes!

Post by FERNANDOVASQUEZ »

question: i wanna start taking protein shakes i'm 6'2 157lbs but, i dont wanna get bigger i just want to get toned very toned. will priteon shakes help?(i dont wanna gain weight tho), friend says tht if i wanna take protein shakes i should start doin heavy weight which i dont want to!
i wanna keep medium build frame
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

why are people afraid of getting bigger and / or stronger??? protein is best used straight after workouts as it goes straight to the muscles where whole food can take over 1hr or longer...you can easily lift heavier wts and not get bigger, look at wt lifters...actually doing 3 x 10 which is bullshit will get you bigger than 3 x 3 and the muscle will make you slower and probably weaker
FERNANDOVASQUEZ
STARTING OUT

Post by FERNANDOVASQUEZ »

swanso the reason i dont wanna get bigger its bc i'm a model and models are requaried or i guess is the new thing to have this small frame toned body thats why i cant get bigger otherwise agency will dump me!
so should still take protein shakes?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

1 - 2kg of extra muscle will only warrant more work potential...muscle gain is a completely different story than fat gain...fat gain you'll notice straight way...muscle gain you probably won't...tone wil come with diet but i don't care who you are, immediately after working out with wts, a protein shake is the very first thing that should be put in your mouth no matter the goal
SarahPT
REGULAR

Post by SarahPT »

Protein shakes do not cause weight gain. If a person is trying to gain muscle, shakes can be a good supplement. People who are on weight loss programs often drink shakes as well. They are excellent post workout recovery, whether your goal is muscle gain or fat loss.

Sarah