[HELP] Cardio Training for Football - OFFSEASON

A forum for training tips, advice and anything regarding sports and strength events.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

gill.manpreet
STARTING OUT

[HELP] Cardio Training for Football - OFFSEASON

Post by gill.manpreet »

Hey I'm looking for a routine for about an hour workout for Cardio if you have some full routines for what to do everyday, im going to be working out 3 days a week till late June. This is so i can gain speed/agility weight and muscle im pretty skinny.
gill.manpreet
STARTING OUT

Re: [HELP] Cardio Training for Football - OFFSEASON

Post by gill.manpreet »

Im a WR/DB
ultimatehlth
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Re: [HELP] Cardio Training for Football - OFFSEASON

Post by ultimatehlth »

Day 1 try 1/4 mile sprints followed by 1/4 walk intervals. Start with a comfortable amount and add i interval per week. Day two warm up thoroughly and do 200 meter sprints at 3/4 speed mixed with 1/4 walk/jog. Aim for 10. Focus on increasing your speed rather than adding extra intervals. Day three do ten 40 meter sprints at 80 - 85% effort. Make sure to warm-up completely before. Stretch after warm-up and at at end of workout. By week 6 on speed day mix in either hills sprints, or sand sprints instead. Weeks 8 on speed day should be actual speed training which means running 7-8 40 meter all out sprints and no more. You need several minutes between sprints to get the right effort. Always warm-up and warm down. include foam rolling and ice post workout on sprint days.

Lastly, your post workout meal should be 4-1 carbs to protein ratio and low in fat. Eat this within an hour of exercising to get the best muscle growth and recovery. Start with low fat chocolate milk on your way home. Don't forget to hit the weights too.
Best,

Los angeles personal trainer - Fitness