Do you exercise with an electric bicycle?

A forum for training tips, advice and anything regarding sports and strength events.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

legio999
STARTING OUT

Do you exercise with an electric bicycle?

Post by legio999 »

Hello friends, I currently go running every day after work but I would like to practice another type of sport. I have thought about starting in the world of electric bicycles and I want you to advise me if it is done or not. I am currently looking at a Bicicleta Electrica Tucano to buy me, what do you think? Thanks
garygoberjr
STARTING OUT

Re: Do you exercise with an electric bicycle?

Post by garygoberjr »

Truthfully I would take a different approach to the electric bicycle. I would utilize a bike powered entertainment system where you could only watch movies while you were using the bike that powered the system. This would be an interesting twist to say the least.
tylerr
STARTING OUT

Re: Do you exercise with an electric bicycle?

Post by tylerr »

I've used a conversion kit to make bike an ebike due to very poor health. Even a front wheel drive can handle hills but crank drive or rear hub are better for hills.

Without an ebike I'd struggle to do 3 miles, now I can manage 25 miles OK I'm puffing and panting but it has let me enjoy riding again and recently helped me raise money for the British Heart Foundation doing a charity ride.