Concussion and Training

A forum for training tips, advice and anything regarding sports and strength events.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

timtimtimmah19
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Concussion and Training

Post by timtimtimmah19 »

So I managed to get a concussion in a massive collision in lacrosse game this past Tuesday and can't practice or play or anything until at least next Thursday when I go to the doctor again to maybe get cleared. I was wondering what the rules are with lifting or working out with a concussion once headaches go away. I'd just ask doctor but I forgot to while i was there and haven't been able to get in touch with him. I was just wondering if anyone here would know whether I'm okay to lift, should wait until I have no headaches at all anymore, or if it goes under the taboo category of activities right now. Thanks!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

to be honest i don't know but for mine as long as you stay away from maximum efforts where you hold your breath during the lift and strain, it should be alright but again not sure
kcb
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by kcb »

Should've worn a helmet mate :wink:. I'd wait until the headaches go completely and do what swanso says, stay away from maximum efforts.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd concur, don't go for maxes. I think you're okay to continue, but don't max that's all, and don't just trim a few lb's off weights, I'd go for 50% off, so you really aren't taking a chance.

You'll still get some stimulus, and any potential Atrophy, (depending on you keeping diet consistent), will be very low.