Two parter.

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Coltskid993
STARTING OUT

Two parter.

Post by Coltskid993 »

I recently purchased some lifeline resistance cables, so that I could easily work out on the road and between households when I am not in the weightroom, I have felt a great workout from them in the first week, but want to know if they really are worth it, I feel like they are helping combined with usual weight training. Secondly I am looking into creatine, being sixteen should I stray from it or not, own research has shown a lot of overall favorable information and reasons to use it, just curious thanks.
Coltskid993
STARTING OUT

Re: Two parter.

Post by Coltskid993 »

Well for sports we do lifting 5 days a week, and I lift on own in addition 4 days a week, Whey has worked well for me, but I want to add more, so with lifting would it be good?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

For your age, size and weight, Creatine would probably have some reasonable effect. You're clearly eating properly I would estimate, so in which case Creatine could be something to consider if you wanted to, as long as you are aware, you may be non-responder, or get mediocre performance off it and that also you should not consume any fermented beverages whilst on it, because it can in most cases cause water retention and alcohol can increase dehydration, so you'd either retard the products performance, increase side effect risk, or possibly both, but I'm not entirely sure which of those three would be likely to happen.
Coltskid993
STARTING OUT

Post by Coltskid993 »

I'll look into it, and luckily I don't drink due to sports and etc. You recommend it?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't ever reccomend Creatine, though I don't discourage it's use except to people with a low power base, e.g. new people, or people that haven't been training long, simply because I feel such people won't benefit greatly.