Fat.

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

SadMan
STARTING OUT

Fat.

Post by SadMan »

Okay, so I am 12 years old guy. I weight about 231 pounds and I am about 5'7. I would love to work out a lot, but I just get tired too easily and I give up. I am a very picky eater, I try healthy foods but I just don't like the texture or the taste. As a child, I was a average weight I was pretty fit too. I did Karate until we had to move, I asked mother if she could sign me up for classes where we moved to, we didn't have enough money though. I just ate and ate, with no exercise. I tried everything to lose fat, even making myself throw up. Can anyone give me advise or anything? I am on the verge of breaking down.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fat.

Post by Boss Man »

Well if you're 12, I'd stay off the weights for now. Your bones wouldn't necessarily thank you for it.

What I suggest is you at least aim to go for a walk for 30 minutes a day.

Thne you change your diet somewhat. As the sedentary average for males is 2,000 calories a day and based on age, you'd be okay as an active person for about 1,600 a day.

If you eat 5 times a day, you'd be averaging about 320 calories a meal.

You're looking at mainly quick and easy things to make up part of your diet, so stuff like Fruit, Nuts, Peanuts, raw Carrot, raw Celery Sticks, Nut Yoghurt, Low Fat Cheese, Scrambled Eggs, Baked Beans, Sandwiches, Ham, Pre-cooked packet Turkey and Chicken.

Then have one or two additional meals in there, like a communal family meal as an example.

There's a bit of basic stuff to help you out.