2 week training

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Sam711
STARTING OUT

2 week training

Post by Sam711 »

I am a 16 year old , 5'11, 155 pounds.
After not working out consistently for over a month I'm trying to get back into it.
I purchased creatine pills and a whey protein powder, I also have many healthy foods such as Kale, spinach, high protein hemp seeds and protein bars that I'm not a big fan of due to the amount of sugar in them. I have 2 weeks off from school and plan on seeing how in shape I can get in this time. (Of course I'm going to continue it during school).
I have access to a gym for 6 days of the 2 weeks but the rest have to be home workouts, at home I have 15 pound weights, ten pounds and five, sadly I forgot to bring 20's and 30's so I don't have the ideal weight to do home workouts.
Today before workout, I took 4 of the creatine pills, it said for adults to take 5 so I figured I should use one less. I did a pretty physical workout with a lot of push ups, planks, bur pee's and with the 15 pound weight's some curls, tricep kickbacks, etc. After, I drank the whey smoothie with milk, 1 scoop of the powder a banana and a few strawberries, I made sure to drink a lot of water during and after the workout. After all that was digested I ate a big bowl of spinach.
I'm planning on repeating this for the whole two weeks and doing high intensity workouts on gym days. I also plan on limiting sugar intake, not to worried about the fat intake at the moment.
goal is to add some muscle mass,
Here is a picture of day 1 after workout.
http://postimg.org/image/j4wdpc579/078b6a13/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any advice just let me know!
Thanks everyone
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 2 week training

Post by Boss Man »

Do a basic workout 3x a week and you'll be okay, so something like this.

Squats, 2 sets 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets 10 reps

Planks 30-40 seconds

Use the smallest dumbbells on the shrugs and the second largest ones on everything else, so you're body is getting used to using weights as you could be -conditioned.

Then on week two use the second largest on shrugs and the largest on everything else. You'd do this workout 3x a week every other day.

As for the creatine pills, forget them they're bollocks. They could cost more than free form powder; you pay for gelatine which is pretty useless and the breakdown in the gut may take a little longer, because the body needs to breakdown the coating, before the contents can be used and even free form wouldn't give you great results I don't think, as I used it well over 10 years ago and whilst I didn't expect massive results, the results I did get were underwhelming and didn't justify the spending in mind.

I nearly bought some protein pills once, but they only had 2g per pill and compared to powder they were hellishly expensive and I'd have had to chug a serious amount of of them, to get a decent quantity of protein and they would have lasted for about 4-6 workouts per container :o .
Sam711
STARTING OUT

Post by Sam711 »

Thanks for the reply! I figure I'll use up this bottle of Creatine but after that I won't buy it anymore. I have decided to take a day of rest in between workouts which wasn't original plan but I find since I workout hard enough I will be pretty sore the next day. As for your workout I've been following it and adding some things of own in there, as I like to target Arms and abs a little more.
But I figured I'll keep to the whey powder, it almost seems better than the Creatine anyway.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd just ditch the remaining creatine. If you've resolved to not buy any anymore, what's the point of continuing with what's left, as you would get no long-term benefit anyway and potentially little short term benefit and any short term benefit would be negated if you never use it again, as you'd never sustain it, os you'd be better pitching out the leftover stuff.

The whey is the best option to stick with.