Fitness plans

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Jondanekkis
STARTING OUT

Fitness plans

Post by Jondanekkis »

Hi, I'm a 15 year old boy, about 6" 1 and weigh around 8-9st. I'm basically just skin and bone and seriously need to bulk up,
but I've tried different methods and none of them seem to be successful. I'm quite self-conscious on how skinny I am and hate being like it. Hopefully I'm going to start a gym membership very soon but I doubt, being as skinny as I am, will make me bulk up. I've tried to put weight on and then the initial plan was to convert that extra weight into muscle however I don't seem to be gaining any weight. I'm quite an active lad and ride a bike almost everyday as well as running. I just really need as many tips as possible to help me bulk up fast.
Thank you.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fitness plans

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Jondan, good to speak with you.

Well at your age lifting weights is not considered the best thing to do, but when you're 16 and your bones can cope a bit more more then, you should be okay.

However you can use your own body weight to workout, even if you're in the gym.

This is the sort of thing you can do 3x a week every other day.

Squats, 2 sets 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets 10 reps

Good mornings, 2 sets 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets 10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets 10 reps

Planks, 30-45 seconds.

You'd increase planks by 5 seconds a week until you're doing 90 seconds of them.

As for the food, what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Jondanekkis
STARTING OUT

Post by Jondanekkis »

Hi there, thank you for your reply :)
I usually eat at around 8-8:30 am for breakfast, 12:40-1:00pm, I'll have lunch and at around 7:00pm I'll have dinner. Usually I'll eat for breakfast: corn flakes or gronala or sometimes toast with butter. Dinner is most likely a breaded chicken wrap or a bacon and cheese panini with a flapjack or a bun. And dinner always varies.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Firstly you should get your calories up a bit by having between meal snacks.

Here are some options you can use, like oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.

Also I'd include a bit more protein in your breakfast, so have cornflakes, then something like ham, turkey, chicken, 2 scrambled egg whites and a yolk.

Some thing with lunch, get a decent protein and carbohydrate source, depending on what is available to you, seeing as you didn't tell me what lunch consisted of.