Help with fat loss

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

iKante
STARTING OUT

Help with fat loss

Post by iKante »

Hi,

I'm Aris and I am 15 (almost 16) and I have a huge problem but first let me tell you a story of how I used to be and how this problem came into existance. When I was little, I used to be VERY fat. was like 5 times bigger than a soccer ball and chest was huge. Back in the days it didn't concern me but when I went to Junior High School, everything changed. I started caring about overall shape. It was then, when I started avoiding snacks, junk food etc but not all the time. The time came and I was one year before going to High School when I decided to finally start exercising and stop eating unhealthy food. Thankfully, I did it and lost weight and fat but still I wasn't happy with body. Coming to the present, I started going to gym about 5 to 6 months ago and I can say that I've seen amazing transformations happen to body. For example, I used to be about 100 kilograms where now I am around 75kg, I lost an astonishing amount of fat, to make you understand, I no more have the huge chest I used to have and is no longer like a big soccer ball. I managed to completely change body to the better but, I came to a point where I somethings on body started to concern . For example, I have pointy nipples which concerns me because when I wear tight shirts, they are able to be seen and I want to lose them. Right now trainer told me to do aerobics to lose fat and weight. I follow his program to the letter but I want to lose faster the I still have (which is almost flat but still not so big) and basicly I want to lose fat from all over body, with giving much more attention to chest fat and fat. Also I want to add that I don't want any kind of diet. So how am I going to lose fat from these places and get the body I want?
{ gym program goes like that: I try to go to the gym every day, but when I don't I use to exercise 2-3 time a week with one day for resting. program starts with the first day, having me doing 15min treadmil for warmup, 3 exercises for abs and for the first day I have 3 exercises for the back and 2 for the biceps and for the end of the first day, aerobic: 5min treadmil, 20min bike, 5min treadmil. Second day, 15 min treadmil, 5 exercises for the legs and 2 for the shoulders and last, aerobic: 15min elliptical. Third and last day, 15min treadmil, 3 for the chest and 2 for the triceps and for aerobic: 5min treadmil, 20min treadmil(3min running-1min walking), 5 min treadmil.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Help with fat loss

Post by Boss Man »

Hi iKante, good to speak to you.

Well firstly I would advise you to stick to the trainers routine for longer, because you cannot hasten results you want, unless you possibly take drastic measures, I:E eating way too little food and that is a seriously bad way to go.

So without me knowing the exact specifics of each workout, the trainer seems to be doing what looks like a decent job for you, so stick with that for now.

As for the food, what times do you eat at and what kind of foods do you eat at those times?
iKante
STARTING OUT

Post by iKante »

Boss Man wrote:Hi iKante, good to speak to you.

Well firstly I would advise you to stick to the trainers routine for longer, because you cannot hasten results you want, unless you possibly take drastic measures, I:E eating way too little food and that is a seriously bad way to go.

So without me knowing the exact specifics of each workout, the trainer seems to be doing what looks like a decent job for you, so stick with that for now.

As for the food, what times do you eat at and what kind of foods do you eat at those times?
That's what I am trying to do. I follow his advice and directions to the letter. As for the food, everyday I start with a good boal of diet cereal around 7 in the morning before I go to school and after, next meal comes at 1-2 o' clock which is something cooked by mum with home ingredients. Next, I eat a snack like a fruit (which I am not a fan of but I try to eat them) mostly a banana {Occasionally, I skip the snack and don't eat anything} and last at about 18-19:00 a boal of cereal, same as breakfast. I also eat one sweet only on Sunday which is "free day", also on Sunday I order fast food which usually is Greek Souvlaki or pizza(8 slices). This is "menu" for each week.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well if you don't eat enough, which you may not be doing, then your body will eventually struggle to lose fat as it will enter into a starvation mode, where it hangs onto fat.

Here are some snack options for you to consider in the mid morning, mid afternoon and mid evening like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, low sugar yoghurt, flax seeds, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.
iKante
STARTING OUT

Post by iKante »

Boss Man wrote:Well if you don't eat enough, which you may not be doing, then your body will eventually struggle to lose fat as it will enter into a starvation mode, where it hangs onto fat.

Here are some snack options for you to consider in the mid morning, mid afternoon and mid evening like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, low sugar yoghurt, flax seeds, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to make them an eating habit. I hope after that I might see results!