I need advice

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

LilBooBoo
STARTING OUT

I need advice

Post by LilBooBoo »

I dont know if this forum is still active but I’m having trouble in many areas. Ive been working out for 2 years not very consistently. I’m 17 182cm and 72kg. I’m still skinny not very muscular but I have love handles and they are very noticeable. I don’t know exactly how to lose them while I still gain muscle mass. Because if I go into a calorie surplus ill gain more body fat. But if I’m in a deficit then I might lose muscle. Ive had this issue for so long as I’m skinny but look fat because of love handles. protein intake is enough for me and I do weight training and no cardio. So is there a solution to this?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: I need advice

Post by Boss Man »

Hey LilBooBoo good to talk to you :).

Yes this forum is still active.

Firstly good for you getting into the lifestyle. At your age many are persuing wreckless and pointless lifestyle choices, but you're looking out for yourself, so big props for that you should be really proud of yourself.

I'm glad you're lifting weights and don't be too worried about how much you lift. The idea that females get bulky when they lift, is a complete load of horse poop, so you can definitely lift with confidence and pride in what you're doing.

Weight lifting can acutally help to burn fat whilst building muscle, as 1lb of extra muscle can burn around 45-50 calories more per day, by being healthy for your metabolism. so building a bit of muscle is heathy and totally okay for females to do.

I'd like to ask a few things first and foremost to see what you're doing.

How long have you been lifting?

Have you changed up what you lift or kept it at week 1 levels of weight?

What foods do you eat and what times do you eat at?

Try not to let your circumstances frustrate or concern you too much; it's easy to stop trying when some people get frustrated about what they are trying to do, but it's harder to get past that first 3-4 weeks when some people give up and get to the 5-6 month stage when it's an engrained part of your life and I should know, as I went through that emotional process 21 years ago, so if that feels anything like your circumstances, then I wouldn't tell you I know how your feeling, because i'm not you, but I've been there and I can appreciate it's not easy to keep a new healthy way of life on track.

You come across to me like a real sweetie and to be honest younger members around your age that have been on here before, have given me that little added 1% more happiness than more experienced people do, because you're on the early stages to greatness and I'm excited for you and I think you could be capable of great things, so myself and anyone else with something useful to say, even if it's just to say well done, will be here for you :thumb:.

Keep believing LilBB and GOOD LUCK :).
LilBooBoo
STARTING OUT

Post by LilBooBoo »

Thanks for the reply. I’m a guy first of all😂😂 and ive been lifting for 2 ish years properly. I was overweight when I was 13 and then I lost tonnes of weight with diet. When I was 15 I was very very skinny and I started lifting. I have gained muscle as you can look at old pictures and tell. And elweight went from 64 to 72 with the help of diet. main issue is are lovehandles. I have most of fat deposits on that region. I still wanna gain muscle and get weight up. But I wanna lose love handles because they demotivate me so much. So I was just wondering whether there is a specific workout for it. Or a combination of cardio. I eat clean mostly. I have eggs in the morning and chicken anr potatoes for lunch and dinner. I try doing glutes and lats more so that it makes waist look smaller. I’m skinny fat so if I go into a caloric deficit then I might lose muscle. But if I don’t I feel like love handles would get bigger and bigger. workout mostly is push pull legs. I try to workout 6 times a week but mostly do 5 times a week. I don’t do a lot of cardio or ab work. So if you have any suggestions please lmk
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

mistake. I saw the username and it just looked like one a female would use.

I've given this strategy to people before, so hopefully it should work for you.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and 1 rasher of Bacon, fat trimmed off and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts), + Apple. Give the Apple 10-15 minutes to digest to improve digestion.

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken + Raw Carrott.

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

As for what you lift, go for the second smallest dumbbells on bench press, lunges and squats, the smallest dumbbells on shrugs and the smallest barbell on bent over rows and deadlifts

This is how your schedule could look per week

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

This prevents you doing 5 days straight and 2 days of nothing, as I think that's allowing too much consecutive taxation and 2 days of your body doing nothing, slowly starting to adjust to it, before 5 days of grind again, which might take the edge off progress potential, so the 5 split days should be better for you.