Tips on burning fat please?

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

EpicProblematic
STARTING OUT

Tips on burning fat please?

Post by EpicProblematic »

I'm thirteen and I'm 5'3'' and weigh 143 pounds. I was 134 pounds before the summer, but due to inactivity, I gained 9 pounds over the summer. I live in Shanghai so it's very hot in the daylight, and I have a hard time waking up early. Can someone give me tips on how to lose fat? mom's starting to get concerned about it, and so have I. In school, there are no sports teams. I can't play any sports around house either, because I can't communicate with them. I currently have no fitness equipment whatsoever. The only place that sells fitness equipment around here without having to take a taxi is local supermarket, so it does not have very much. Please give me some tips on how to lose those 9 pounds, and even better, an extra 5-7 or so.
Sorry I put this in the exercises section too. I didn't know they had kids section too.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What are your meals like, what times do you eat?
EpicProblematic
STARTING OUT

Post by EpicProblematic »

If I wake up early enough for breakfast, I will have two cups of milk and two fried eggs usually. For lunch, I will usually have convenience store-bought sushi and a rice meal. For dinner, mom cooks two dishes of her choosing and makes rice.
The earliest I get up is 9 and I have lunch at 12-1 and dinner at 7-8.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd scramble the eggs, and definitely consider having something like cereal carbs, or some Fruit spaced 10-15 minutes before the other food. You could still have milk, but you don't need much.

Sushi and rice isn't too bad, if you're into that kind of thing, but it's not bag :wink:

Obviously meals at home, are what they are.

You need some kind of snacks inbetween though as well. you need one in the morning, and one in the Afternoon, as your calories could be too low, and hindering your physical development, and overall well being.

If you're pushed for time, have something like a bit of low fat cheese and some nuts, or perhaps a protein shake with carbs in, as examples.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

search youtube for these:

lunges
push ups
resistance tube rows
ab planks

do 12 reps of each (2mins for plank) with no rest 3 times x 3 sessions a week increasing difficulty as you go
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Tips on burning fat please?

Post by rohanjain »

Some tips to reduce body fat:-
-Drink plenty of water.
-Eat breakfast properly.
-Don't skip your breakfast.
-Dieting is not good for health to burn calories.
-Eat green vegetables
toddhicks209
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by toddhicks209 »

To lose fat, you must exercise regularly and reduce the amount of fats you consume. You can also go on a diet, if necessary.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Actually reducing the fats may not be the necessary answer, because if the persons fat intake is relatively good regarding quantity, it might just require switching any possible trans fats and hydrogenates out of the diet, in favour of mono's and polys.

The main issue if fats were fine would be too much carb content in the diet.