14 year old, looking for advice.

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

14 year old, looking for advice.

Post by Sean786 »

Hi, name is Sean and I am a 14 year old who is turning 15 very soon. I have been working out now for about 5 and a half months. I started as an overweight kid who wanted a change. I decided to take charge and change lifestyle. I lost about 25 pounds and am in great shape, but now I am urging for the muscle mass gain.

I am in very good shape, but I am somewhat skinny and need more muscle mass. I am 5 foot 8 and weigh only 110 pounds. I do have a 6 pack and can pump out about 50 perfect push-ups, but I recently learned workout routine was harmful to me. I would workout every single day, no breaks, which I found out was bad for the muscles. Now that I am switching to every other day, I would like a new workout routine.

weights -

I have a fairly large home gym ( dad's) and can change up weights if necessary. I have a treadmill, bench, leg curl, dumb bells, dead lift bar, health rider (legs and arms at same time), decline/incline bench, and several other long bars. I alos have a pull-up and chin up bar.

I can curl 30 pounds about 6 times sitting down and about 2 standing up, I have a bench press and can bench body weight twice, I also do french curls for triceps and can do 30 pounds 15 times on that and can do a large amount of crunches or other ab excercises.

I would very much like to have a personal program that is guaranteed to work and has been tested. I can change weights and would like to know the amount of weight and reps, if no weight, just reps is fine. I can also change diet, although I normally eat around 4 meals a day normally consisting of chicken or turkey along with a breakfest cereal for vitamins and daily vitamins. I can take protein powders also, although I am normally extremely picky and they taste horrible to me. If someone has a good tasting protein powder, please inform me. Also, I do not drink soda, maybe sometimes diet soda but I have heard that is abd for you also.

I am just looking for a perfect workout program that fits needs and will definetely help me get that muscle mass. Someone please help me and sorry for the long message, but I want what I need in the first topic, not 2 or 3.

Thanks for any help :D
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

OK, here is current pictures as of today -

Christopheel
REGULAR

Post by Christopheel »

Okay,
You are 14,
A boy,

You need to :

Eat a loads of healthy proteins, fats and carbs source.

Eat every 2-3 Hours,

Solid Proteins (Meat, Eggs, Chicken, fish etc.) + Fruit or veggies.
POst-Workout is the only time when you need liquid protein (shake).
Post-workout must contain complex carbs too (Maltodextrin/dextrose or natural source like oatmeal whole grain etc.) and no fats for a faster digestion. Another meal that must be HUGE is breakfast, tons of complex carbs, tons of healthy fats, proteins. Keep in mind that your body can absorb/use no more than 35g (average) of protein in one sit. So don't overeat them, but eat a lot in total (6-8 meal at 25-30g depending on your current size and workout, try to at least have 1gxBW pounds)

Workout now,

You need to lift heavy, no pain no gain.

I'll give you a sample :

Day 1

Deadlifts

10 sets of 3 reps HEAVY

Pull Ups Paired with Military Press

5 sets of 5 reps each HEAVY

Close Grip Bench Press Paired with T-Rows

5x5 HEAVY

Day 2

OFF

Day 3

Squat

10x3 HEAVY

Chin Ups Paired With Lunges

4x6 HEAVY/MODERATE

DB Press Paired with DB Rows

3x8 MODERATE

Day 4

Off

Day 5

Power Clean

5x5 HEAVY

BB Bench Press Paired with BB Rows

4x6 MODERATE/HEAVY

Cuban Press Paired with Dips (if you can't replace by bench dips or something similar)

3x8-10 MODERATE/LIGHT

Day 6 and 7

Off

Repeat.

Abs exercises, curls and those shitty little exercises aren't for you. Lift heavy, eat big.

Deadlifts and Squat will build better abs and arms than curls and crunch believe me on this.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions.
Sean786
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Sean786 »

Wow, thanks. I wasnt expecting such a good post, but Ill definetely get on it and see how it works out for me. After 2-4 weeks I will let you know the results if you want to, either way I am posting them :)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

go to diet scetion and read "read before posting..." for food stuff too
Christopheel
REGULAR

Post by Christopheel »

swanso5 wrote:go to diet scetion and read "read before posting..." for food stuff too
almost forgot about that more than useful link
deer_dance9
STARTING OUT

Post by deer_dance9 »

hate to say it, but again you have to understand that your body type wont allow for that much of a change. you will be able to lean out and get ripped yes. but gaining massive measurements on your muscles will not happen with the skinny body type. If you pump in alot of food you should be able to add weight and throw on more muscle, but it wont be terribly drastic
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

deer_dance9 wrote:hate to say it, but again you have to understand that your body type wont allow for that much of a change. you will be able to lean out and get ripped yes. but gaining massive measurements on your muscles will not happen with the skinny body type. If you pump in alot of food you should be able to add weight and throw on more muscle, but it wont be terribly drastic
LOLZ
Just give up, right.
You are terribly misinformed.
The kid is 14, he doesn't have a "body type", he's a kid with all the potential in the world.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Sorry DD, but with respect even ectomorphs, can gain good mass. To actually say they can't even if they lift big and eat like a pig, is potentially discouraging, and not that accurate.