Acne Breakouts

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

DirtyMexican91
STARTING OUT

Acne Breakouts

Post by DirtyMexican91 »

Hey I am 17 and I have had problems with breaking out since I was in 7th grade, but only got severe once like in freshmen year. But now it has gotten the worst I've ever had it, and I can't help but feel suffocated by all these zits. I was wondering if working more often and eating cleaner would make a change in acne? Or if anyone has any tips on how to control it?
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

it certainly wouldnt hurt to work out and eat better. i used to get spots in high school so i cut out all fizzy pop and sweets and drank tons of water and eat lots of fruit and veg it cleared up pretty soon.
HoustonTexan
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by HoustonTexan »

I use a face wash and I don't really have any acne anymore.
BigBoySonny
STARTING OUT

Post by BigBoySonny »

most definately alot of fatty food can cause spots ect.
eating more healthy will help,try some face wash or make sure your atleast wash your face/chest after workouts i aint gonna lie i had a problem uno what helped me? SUN SUN SUN SUN <<<
i found thats the best thing for it mate.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Notice the word Sun, not Sunbed. Sunbeds can make the problem worse, as you just grill the suckers.
missamanda_95
STARTING OUT

Re: Acne Breakouts

Post by missamanda_95 »

they dont think that your eating habits have anything to do with your acne... but i thinnk it does. try not to to eat greasy stuff, it seems to make your face more oily and sometimes your hair.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

When I was a teen I had acne on every part of body, I started in about grade 6 and went all the way through highschool. Diet affected me, excercise affected me, sleep, and nerves. Natural remedies helped profusely. I swam alot, it is great for the skin! Salt water is probably better than chlorine but it does help with acne! Diet, avoid carbonated beverages, high sugar and fat foods, I also found highly processed foods don't help much with acne! Lastly, The sun is great for the skin!!!!!!! 20-30 minutes without sunblock during a less intense time of the day does wonders! I also found that colognes and creams and such intensify pore blockage, don't use them. I used only unscented soaps and shaving creams without added perfumes. (ivory soap and a classic gel shaving cream with only aloe in it.

I will also tell you that it came down to me using a dermitologist (sp) and some very powerful drugs to combat the intense breakouts I endured. The points mentioned above helped me but never cured me. Getting into twenties and now thirties I still get some acne, but 1 or 2 zits on the bod now compared to the hundreds I had at one time when I was younger is much easier to endure. I can usually track it to poor diet and lack of excercise (sweating cleans out the pores) and a shower after washes away the dirt and sweat so it doesn't build up in the pores!

The fact is it takes care and patience and getting past your teens, but by using some of the above you may decrease the amount.

Best of wishes!
rudraaksh24
STARTING OUT

Post by rudraaksh24 »

try usin aloe vera gel..they help
Sixpackbysummer
STARTING OUT

Post by Sixpackbysummer »

Drink lots of water it flushes out all the bateria. I recomend every time u finish working out to wash your face so the sweat does not plug ur pores.
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

drink water, buy and acne wash or something like that, and clean diet
kayla92509
STARTING OUT

Post by kayla92509 »

I had problems with acne and it was getting pretty bad... but then I got Proactive, started working out, and drinking lots of water. Now skins doing dandy (:
Good Luck
(:
NewVegan10
STARTING OUT

Post by NewVegan10 »

I feel you! I have had really bad cystic acne for over 18 years (the age of oldest child) and I just recently found out through some research that I have a reaction to dairy....that's right dairy. Turns out the hormones they give cows to produce more milk turn into testosterone then something else in our bodies and some are highly allergic to it and acne results. Who woulda thunk! :roll: And all these years I have been spending thousands on dermatologists, treatments, powerful antibiotics and a couple of months ago I decided to go vegan and not consume any dairy whatsoever. Result? Clearest skin I've ever had! I tried last week to incorporate some dairy back into diet and a few hours later....cyst. I actually felt it, painfully, sprouting on chin. Oh, and that's the thing research showed that if your acne is mostly around your mouth then it may be dairy causing it.

Other than that I give you the same advice I give kids.....eat healthy, drink water and wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Using Epiduo (a prescription cream) has helped both kids and I with breakouts but you have to see a doctor about it. Have you seen a dermatologist?
Hope this helps :mrgreen:
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

skins going bad again =((((((
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

would bell peppers have an effect on your acne ?
just wondering cuz i stopped consuming them plus milk and face is better
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I doubt it. Might be the Sugar in Milk that caused the problem, but I doubt Bell Peppers would, but you never can be sure.

Peppers contain Antioxidents like Quercetin and Luteolin and Quercetin is also an anti-inflammatory, which I think Luteolin is too, so they should cause allerigc reactions, as with Quercetin being an Anti-histamine, if can help to fight ellergic symtomology like that displayed with Hayfever.

I would think it more likely to be Milk if it is, as it does contain Lactose Sugar, but also more Fat than other Milk types when in it's standard form