New guy here, some goals, need recommendations

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

KC2892
STARTING OUT

New guy here, some goals, need recommendations

Post by KC2892 »

Hey everybody thanks for checking out topic, anyways lets get down to business.

I am 16 years, 6"0 230 pounds.
bench press max is 150.
squat max is 180.
I am already taking Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, pure Creatine, GNC Mega Men multi-vitamin.

Goals. I am trying to achieve these by the end of summer, in time for football next year.

Diet plan, I really need one of these, they all prefer 5-6 meals a day, but I can't do that due to school during the week, but I do this on weekends. Of course over the summer I can achieve this, but I'd like to start with what I got asap. (So I can start to shed the fat, and build on the muscle)

Bench max, 200 or more. I want this so I can be at the top of game while I am playing, I don't want to be a push over. (How to get there)

Squat max, 300? Or is that too much? I played soccer since I was 5 up until about the age of 13, when I started to put on the weight due to no exercise. I still have a lot of lower body strength from then. (How to get there)

Weight, 205. I want to look good as well :D. I'm tired of being the big guy in school, I want to be more of a moderate but built guy. (Diet)

Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated.
I basically want to be in the top shape that I can be in when football time comes around. I can't do anymore supplements due to money problems at this time.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

- don't need the creatine just yet
- yes you can do 5 - 6 meals a day...i do 8 - 10 with work, 5 - 6 is piss easy...prepare
- bench press doesn't really correlate to any athletic, it's simply a base figure for upper body strength
- squats is a better one and deadlifts too...do you get tested on these at all? 300 might be a bit much in such short time span though, maybe not though too
- we don't need supp's anyway
- for food go here

http://www.uponlinetraining.com/articles/0001.html

maybe drop me some questions about this at the site and i can use it in a post on there mate
bigboy5491
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by bigboy5491 »

You don't need creatine. Yes, you might get quicker gains, but in the long run you will probably end up even or behind. There is no supplement on the market that substitutes hard work...remember that. If money is an issue, you shouldn't have gotten the supplements you did. Oh well, too late...if you are going to buy protein in the future, get 100% optimum whey gold standard...tastes good, cheap, and efficient.

Have a grilled chicken sandwich or deli chicken sandwich on wheat bread as a snack during class. Make an effort to have a good source of protein with every meal/snack.

You have very attainable goals. In opinion, you could probably even increase more in squats. From experience, legs progress quicker than upper body, but maybe that's just me. Add in deadlifts for sure, they will build your core and make you more explosive off the ball.

Do you play defense or offense? Either way you should work on speed training drills this summer. Do things like up-downs, 10/20/40-yard sprints, different types of bleacher exercises, jump rope, footwork latters.

I'll post back next week with a strength building program football team did for upper/lower body.