Can anybody help me out?

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Young J
STARTING OUT

Can anybody help me out?

Post by Young J »

Well can any1 tell me how i can get shoulders ,traps, and biceps big?
can you guys like help me with the works outs or the sets and reps?
bigiz123
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

shoulders ,traps, and biceps big?

Post by bigiz123 »

for shoulders, try military presses http://www.shapefit.com/shoulder-exerci ... esses.html
for traps, perhaps barbell (or dumbell) shrugs http://www.shapefit.com/traps-exercises ... hrugs.html
and for biceps, try the hammer curls, concentrated curls, and regular curls.. u can use shapefit.com to find exercises tho... as for sets and reps, i usually go for 3 sets, 1st set 15 reps, 2nd set 13, and 3rd 10... it kinda varies tho depended on how far i push myself. but if u want results faster you should probably focus on your whole body as compared to certain areas
Young J
STARTING OUT

Post by Young J »

thanks
well i work out body its just those are the parts that i want try to get bigger
oh and do you add weight every set?or do you just leave it the same?
and do you think 4 sets of 15 then 12 then 12 10 would be good?
or would it just be better if i did 3 sets and just like 15-12-10 reps?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i wouldn't try and get traps big on purpose as they take away from shoulder width...either way use 1 exercise per muscle within whatever split your using and do 2 x 6 than 2 x 10 or even better do 3 x 6 one session and 3 x 12, 3 - 4 days later..basically though you've got to use compound multi joint exercises all over (squats, deadlifts, rows, pull ups, bench presses etc) so cut out all single joint exercises and use gthese exclusively with a lot of food
bigiz123
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by bigiz123 »

personally i increase weight, but hey whatever works for you
Young J
STARTING OUT

Post by Young J »

swanso5 wrote:i wouldn't try and get traps big on purpose as they take away from shoulder width...either way use 1 exercise per muscle within whatever split your using and do 2 x 6 than 2 x 10 or even better do 3 x 6 one session and 3 x 12, 3 - 4 days later..basically though you've got to use compound multi joint exercises all over (squats, deadlifts, rows, pull ups, bench presses etc) so cut out all single joint exercises and use gthese exclusively with a lot of food
I see
Thanks l
Like ive been doing like 4 sets of like somedays 12 reps some 10 some 8 and like i do 2 work outs per muscle
Do you think itd be better if i did what your sayng the 3x12 with compound exercises
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i'd go with the 2 x 6 and thern 2 x 12 on the same exercise so you get both strength and size...ultimately getting stonger will allow you to use heavier wt and therefore you will get bigger the more wt you use
Young J
STARTING OUT

Post by Young J »

swanso5 wrote:i'd go with the 2 x 6 and thern 2 x 12 on the same exercise so you get both strength and size...ultimately getting stonger will allow you to use heavier wt and therefore you will get bigger the more wt you use
so like on the same work out id first do 2 sets of 6 reps like heavy weight?
and then after that 2 more sets of 12 reps with the same heavy weight or lighter weight?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

2 x 6 heavy and 2 x 12 about 10 - 20% lighter i'd say