diet and excercise?

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

xelattobba
STARTING OUT

diet and excercise?

Post by xelattobba »

I'm 17 years old, 6'2" 190 pounds. Im looking to take off a little fat and replace with muscle.

Typical days diet..

Breakfast: 1 slice bread, 3 slices deli turkey, 1 apple, 20 oz. bottle water, 8 oz. cup milk

Lunch: (In college so have to eat out) Chik-fil-a cool wrap with low fat honey mustard dressing, 32 oz. water, assorted fruit.

Snack: Apple, banana, 20 oz. bottle water

Dinner: (work at whataburger for gas money so sometimes eat there) Grilled chicken sandwich, 32 oz. water. If at home whatever mom cooks, a meat product, a vegetable, bread, water.

Snack: Turkey Sandwich on wheat, 20 oz. bottle water

Excercise program hard to keep up with while in college..

I run 1-1.5 miles every other day, ab excercises every other day focusing on efficiency rather than reps, perfect pushup/perfect pullup everyday.
Lif
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: diet and excercise?

Post by Lif »

First of all, being in college doesn't mean you can't be consistent. I work out at least four times a week, and I'm in college. It's manageable if you treat it like you would a class or any other obligation. Just fit it into your schedule. Do you have a fridge or a microwave? You can make your own food and bring it with you. Then you're not eating Chik-fil-a.

advice is to work on fitting in a consistent exercise program into your schedule. If you have class at 9:30, go to the gym at 8. Or bring your gym clothes with you if you have later classes and hit the gym (I'm assuming you have a fitness facility, if not workout wherever you normally do) after class. Every now and then studying for an exam or having a meeting may get in the way of your gym time, but one missed day is better in opinion than an inconsistent routine.

Good luck! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: diet and excercise?

Post by Boss Man »

xelattobba wrote:I'm 17 years old, 6'2" 190 pounds. Im looking to take off a little fat and replace with muscle.

Typical days diet..

Breakfast: 1 slice bread, 3 slices deli turkey, 1 apple, 20 oz. bottle water, 8 oz. cup milk

Lunch: (In college so have to eat out) Chik-fil-a cool wrap with low fat honey mustard dressing, 32 oz. water, assorted fruit.

Snack: Apple, banana, 20 oz. bottle water

Dinner: (work at whataburger for gas money so sometimes eat there) Grilled chicken sandwich, 32 oz. water. If at home whatever mom cooks, a meat product, a vegetable, bread, water.

Snack: Turkey Sandwich on wheat, 20 oz. bottle water

Excercise program hard to keep up with while in college..
That doesn't look too bad, although I would add something in between Breakfast and Lunch, to help you get enough calories per day. Quick things like Low Fat Cheese and Peanuts can be had, as could things like a small Sandwhich with a bit of Fruit as another example.