Looking for the "cut" look.

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ddani240
STARTING OUT

Looking for the "cut" look.

Post by ddani240 »

I'm in the military, and have been very focused on fitness/nutrition for about 3 years now. Before that, I weighed 195 pounds of fat. Couldn't run, couldn't do push ups, pull ups, sit ups, etc. I lost a ton of weight and inches off waist during first deployment to Afghanistan in 2010, and kept it off. I've earned a 100% on last 2 PT tests (9:08 1.5 mile run, 80 push ups in a minute, 67 sit ups in a minute, 29 inch waist=100% on Air Force PT test). I recently found that I only have 4% body fat, which is great news, but I still have a problem. I eat healthy, work out 5 days a week (intensely), and I don't have the six-pack look I've always wanted. You can see the "lines", but barely. I'm starting to think skin was stretched out when I had the extra weight. I lost roughly 50 lbs in about a year, and am now in the best shape of life. I don't look unfortunate, but I would really appreciate the look I feel I've worked off for. What are options at this point?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Looking for the "cut" look.

Post by Boss Man »

Well you should be able to see the abdominal deliniations all the time if you're 4% bf, so it might possibly be an inability for the skin to reshape itself, as you elude to, if perhaps you lost the weight quite quickly.

Although givne the amount you lost, this is probably not that common an occurance, like it would be if someone rapidly lost 3-4 times the amount of weight you lost.

Trying to lose more fat and permanently keep it off, could be very unhealthy, so I wouldn't suggest that.

The only thing I could suggest is possibly some kind of skin alteration procedure, but you'd have to be verified as having a slightly abnormal skin coverage on the abs.
ddani240
STARTING OUT

Post by ddani240 »

Well, thank you for your input. I have some people I can talk to, to determine what skin is doing. It's disappointing though. I'm 25, shouldn't have to worry about this.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Especially considering you're 4% fat as well.

Whatever happens GOOD LUCK and let us know how you get on :).