Suggestions Please :)

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

NickHarris
STARTING OUT

Suggestions Please :)

Post by NickHarris »

Hey guys I'm 18, currently recovering from a rather severe sickness, been in hospital and lost about 10 kg. (currently at 65 kg, have regained 2).
I really want to know how to get a 6 pack AT HOME. I don't go to the gym, never stepped foot in a gym, and don't intend to for a couple more years.
Suggestions on specific diet, exercises, and time length is much appreciated!
Here's what I have to work with:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Suggestions Please :)

Post by Boss Man »

Hey man, good to hear from you :).

I'm sorry to read you've been going through some tough stuff lately, but I applaud you for speaking about it and trying to do something in the wake of your problems and you should be proud of yourself for valuing your body enough, in light of your problems, to want to make change :)

This is the sort of thing I post for people sometimes and you might find it useful.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and 1 rasher of Bacon, fat trimmed off and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts), + Apple. Give the Apple 10-15 minutes to digest to improve digestion.

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken + Raw Carrott.

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this, which is all bodyweighted.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good Mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Pull-ups, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

In relation to the training ideas I gave you above, your bodyweight workouts and cardio schedule could look something like this.

Day 1. Bodyweight

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Bodyweight

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Bodyweight

Day 7. Day off.

This prevents you doing 5 days straight and 2 days of nothing, as I think that's allowing too much consecutive taxation and 2 days of your body doing nothing, slowly starting to adjust to it, before 5 days of grind again, which might take the edge off progress potential, so the 5 split days should be better for you.
NickHarris
STARTING OUT

Post by NickHarris »

Wow thanks a lot, i'm going to print this out and get to it.
Incredibly appreciated!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No worries and let us know how you get on :).
NickHarris
STARTING OUT

Post by NickHarris »

Will do. I'm going to try and start those eating habits now and then get to the actual physical side of it once i'm fully recovered.
Do i have to be super strict with diet? I find myself wandering off all the time...
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It helps to be as consistent as you can be, because more consistency leads to better progress.

The main thing is if you're doing any form of calorie counting and working out macronutrient percentages, as a way to monitor what you eat and some people do some people don't, then you don't need to be , to the point where you count grains of rice every time you eat rice, or use that sort of mentality, so don't send yourself loopy doing stuff like that :wink:.