How to get to 8 to 10% body fat

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kingjj25
STARTING OUT

How to get to 8 to 10% body fat

Post by kingjj25 »

I am currently about 14 to 15% BF I don't work out abs often. You can look at a recent post I did on here about what I eat. I want to get to 8 to 10% BF. What can I do to achieve goal?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How to get to 8 to 10% body fat

Post by Boss Man »

Lower your carbs to no less than 20g per meal and then replace the calories with fat, so you end up creating an energy deficeit that requires supplementing and that's where fat comes in.

Maintaining calories however will preserve muscle mass, because you won't potentially lose muscle that could in turn contribute to some fat gain.

This is one potential way to lose fat but preserve muscle mass.
kingjj25
STARTING OUT

Post by kingjj25 »

What do you mean, replace the calories with fat? What kind of fat? Like junk food or good fat?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fat from good sources like edible oil, nuts, flax, avocado, etc
kingjj25
STARTING OUT

Post by kingjj25 »

Thanks boss man! One more question though, is it necessary for me to workout abs right now? And if I should work them out, how often do I?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You can work your abs after a workout, but you need only do it about 3x a week, every other day, because they are muscles and still need rest all the same, but because you get indirect abs stimulus from exercises like squats, deadlifts, cleans etc, so you've no need to cane the abs when you train them anyway.