Stomach Or back stopping me

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

RedDevil2014
STARTING OUT

Stomach Or back stopping me

Post by RedDevil2014 »

Hiya all , i am new to this site so will start by saying hi and thanks for any advice you can give. i have been training for one year and started at 9 1/2st i am now 12st but have noticed im having trouble with abs, when i look down it looks to me like i have put weight on stomach but have been training to remove this with all sorts of exercises inc the plank with weights on back (every bag in the place think 75kilo) and on the vibro plate , to which doesn't seem to help i will say that i have not done any cardio because i don't want to loose any of the weight i have worked so hard on putting on. i did notice that if i straiten back a little then stomach mostly disappears although still no six pack. question is what should i do is it likely to be that posture is incorrect or that i should leave hang out as were and train cardio or will the constant planks etc be enough to get the six pack to appear. i have tried to curb diet and have lost nearly 1/2 stone so now 11 1/2st but stomach seem to be the same.
i would be grateful for any advice that can be given
thanks mark
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Stomach Or back stopping me

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there RD, it's good to speak with you.

This may be related to how you eat, so what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

I am also curious to learn your diet, but honestly the whole "cardio will cause you to lose muscle" probably doesn't apply to the average person. You would have to be performing quite a bit of cardio for that to apply.
Oksana Slavska
STARTING OUT

Post by Oksana Slavska »

Hello RedDevil2014!

There is 2 kind of body fat:
1. The subcutaneous fat
2. Fat around the internal organs.
Exactly the second one is the reason of a protruding .

You can loose some weight on if you change your diet!
Also, start workout more intensively (rest between sets as short as possible). Keep working with weights, but do everything faster and more reps (up to 20, but not less then 8 ). This will help you to loose some fat on and leave most of muscles.

If you don't have result you need, it means do you something wrong. Change something and look what happen ;)

P.S. It is impossible to build muscles and loose fat at the same time!
If you want to know why, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfvPwm ... dGDgo6_bYk
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Doing 20 rep sets is a bit pointless, a good rep range for lifting weights is 6-12 reps and as for not being able to lose muscle and gain fat that's not true. You burn an extra 45-50 calories for every added 1lb of muscle, so you end up burning fat and building muscle at the same time. It just becomes hard if you're a big lifter, due to the high amount of calories some people eat.