Six Pack Without Steroids

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

techsubrat
STARTING OUT

Six Pack Without Steroids

Post by techsubrat »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am 5 feet and 6 inches tall and was weighing 80 kilograms. since last 90 days I had been working out a lot with a determination that I will be able to build up six-pack abs. though I have lost 10 kilograms in the process but I am not sure if I will be able to reduce the fats around waist. gym Trainer keeps me telling to take steroids for better results and fast building of abs and to reduce fats effectively. as I do not know much about these things and possibly with a lot googling and bit sceptical in making a decision.

question is that will I be able to reduce fat around waist basically by exercising and not taking steroids. if the answer is no then I want to know which kind of steroids really helps and how is the dosage and frequency. I cant afford for a personal trainer training me to get ripped abs and I want your help and if possible please guide me to stay focused. please help me understand if a guy like me and fats around the waist can really dream of having six pack. I will try to do everything possible and also really work hard to get dream job done.

but one thing is clear that before I die I need to have six packs.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Six Pack Without Steroids

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Tech, good to talk to you.

Firstly screw the steroids because you don't need them and as added muscle can help to burn fat then it's not necessary.

As for the 6-pac it shouldn't have to be the main focus, when it's more about the quality of abs, however as this seems to be a main focus then I could suggest one thing.

Cut 10g carbs our of your diet and replace the calories with fat.

You body maintains calories, but without enough carbs to supply all your energy needs, your body should hopefully source fat for the rest as fat is a secondary energy source.

Also to be honest I don't like the sound of that trainer. There's no need to be encouraging you to take steroids when you don't need them and ultimately unless he takes them then it's not his body that's being exposed to potential side effects, it's yours and his so-called advice might have had a case to answer for if you were 200lbs of muscle, but you're not and even then pro-hormones could be a way to go, as they don't have criminal connotations and also should have less side effects.
techsubrat
STARTING OUT

Post by techsubrat »

Thanks For the reply Boss.
Boss Man wrote:and as added muscle can help to burn fat then it's not necessary.
Do you mean to say that if I add muscles than it will burn fats effectively.
Boss Man wrote:Cut 10g carbs our of your diet and replace the calories with fat.
How do I do this? Do you mean to say that whatever food I was having I should reduce 10g carbohydrates from them and replace them with fat. Overall it means that I should consume foods that are less in carbohydrates. For example if I was having 4 bread slices I should reduce them to two and add fats. What fats I can have? I know I might be taking the bad fats and the good fats but what should I concentrate.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes, added muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories per day, so some fat burn effects can be observed, although in more bulkier males the effect is less so owing to the larger amount of calories consumed.

As for reducing the carbs, take out 10g carbs per meal and replace with fats. The main ones would be edible oils, low carb nuts like hazelnuts, brazil, macadamia etc, omega 3 eggs, fish etc.

You may end up adding a little carbs back in here and there, but you could further adjust carbs to account for this and if your protein went up a little that's not an issue either.
techsubrat
STARTING OUT

Post by techsubrat »

Boss Man wrote:You may end up adding a little carbs back in here and there, but you could further adjust carbs to account for this and if your protein went up a little that's not an issue either.
Would you suggest me taking a protein supplement too with the food.

Regards
Dash
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Protein supplements can work, providing diet is consistent.

I would suggest avoiding the expensive ones as you don't need those. Stick to the ones with 5-6 ingredients in, a reasonable carb content per serving and no proprietary blends and don't use the product as a replacement for meals, perhaps use it to top it up a couple of meals or as one additional meal.

However this is based on whether you choose to buy one, as it's not essential.
techsubrat
STARTING OUT

Post by techsubrat »

Thanks Boss, Sorry for the delayed reply.

Post workout immediately if I have a protein shake will it be ok or when do you suggest it to have in the day.

People in the gym are saying that I am losing muscles also with fat which is not a good sign. face, neck were chubby but now those area are becoming leaner which is giving me a look that I have lost weight. Still I have those strong fats around waist and regions. The triceps, the calf and the thigh cuts are visible now.

I am coming back to you again and again as I do not believe people around me as I feel that they are jealous as I am losing weight and they are not. These people never used to talk to me and always told me that I am good for nothing and will never be able to lose weight without steroids and personal training. Now their extra concern towards me is making me a bit uncomfortable. Sorry if I am bothering you.

Regards
Dash
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't apologise Dash you're not bothering me at all :).

Yes, the protein shake can be taken after workouts as that will be fine. The main thing if you used a powder would be to get one using the criteria I mentioned.

As for people saying you won't lose weight without steroids, that's complete rubbish. The main reason people take steroids is to lose fat and gain or protect muscle mass, but they do have side effects, like risks to the heart and liver for example, but they would be no good unless someone was trying to build muscle and had a big diet, as some people have taken those, gained a bit of muscle and lost the lot, as even experienced long-term users can lose around 25%-50% of the gains on them, when cycling off.

In some cases the person is totally unsuitable for using them and gains nothing, which could be down to having gained lass than 10lbs of muscle and being silly enough to think they needed then to get over a plateau, bearing in mind pretty much anyone who bulk wouldn't be advised to use them after gaining just 10lbs of muscle.

So I'd ignore what they say, as it might be jealousy if they didn't say these things before you started losing weight and now they do.
Paul_LEE
STARTING OUT

Post by Paul_LEE »

I am pretty sure that a 6-pack abs is attainable without using steroids. You don't need steroids. What you needs is determination and hardwork. Others have one it before. You just have to push yourself. It's not easy to get what you want. Obviously those fats in the bellies are the ones that are hard to get rid of. I suggest that you take things one step at a time. Don't focus on the abs at this time. Try to to general exercises for losing weight.
mikey88
STARTING OUT

Post by mikey88 »

90% diet 10% workout. Your abs are one of the most used muscles in your body so they are already defined, it's just a case of showing them. The best way is to cut carbs from your diet while working out, and cut like MMA fighters and boxers etc... Of course the more fat you have covering them the longer it will take to shred. Then you can have abs like these .. http://www.dunkthebiscuit.com/babes/do- ... agram-2015" target="_blank
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If you're talking reducing carbs, then yes, but if you're talking zero carbs then no, I politely disagree.
MiorsKnows
STARTING OUT

Post by MiorsKnows »

I can't imagine what kind of a trainer is that... promoting steroid use and short life span. Anyway onto the topic, yes you will get and sustain a six pack without steroids, it's all about the diet, man... :)