Journey for abs stopped. I need advice.

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Aww_Mannn
STARTING OUT

Journey for abs stopped. I need advice.

Post by Aww_Mannn »

Hi, 16yr old speaking. So I've been with a BMI of 25-26 all life, you know just a and a little fat on the arms and legs. But from the beginning of this summer I've decided to change that and I have lost 16kg (35 pounds), I was 76kg and now Im 60kg (152 pounds) at a height of about 174.5cm (5'7ft).

goal for all of this was to have abs, I've been working out abs every day alogn cardio. I've also been doing boxing and a lot of pushups. But abs are no where to be seen.

At first I thought I had to lose even more fat since that is what I had read but, when I lift arms, I can see ribcage and BMI is close to be underweight. parents have also noticed and have commanded me to gain at least 3kg (6.6lbs) or at the least mantain this weight.

So what can I do? Are abs not showing because I still have fat or can it be because something else?

Thank you.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Journey for abs stopped. I need advice.

Post by Boss Man »

Hey Aww_Mann good to talk to you.

You don't need to hit abs daily, because many exercises including pushups give you indirect targeting anyway.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Aww_Mannn
STARTING OUT

Post by Aww_Mannn »

At breakfast (9am) I eat special K kellogs cereal (145kcal) with 400ml skim mil (150kcal) and a piece of fruit.
After that I usually eat a meat (salmon, chicken, steak, beef etc) with veggies (1pm), sometimes I add carbs such as integral rice.
Dinner I eat egg whites with tomato and a protein shake with a salad (7pm-9pm).
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Eat some more food around 11AM and 3-4PM, as you look like you're undereating.

This you could have include microwave baked beans and soup, celery sticks, oat granolas, fruit, I:E: apples, pears, tomatoes, cucumber, flaxseeds, low fat cheese, raw carrots, nuts, peanuts, olives, sliced ham, turkey, chicken or pork from a packet and pineapple.

Some of these are partial snacks you can combine together and some are complete ones, but you'll probably work it out okay :).
Aww_Mannn
STARTING OUT

Post by Aww_Mannn »

Thanks for the tip, but if I eat more then abs wont ever show?
Im saying this because I know that I have abs, I feel them, but they're nowhere to be seen. There's a layer of fat/skin of about 0.5cm (2 inches) between abs and the outside. But then again, Im on a lean weight with ribcages showing when lifting arms. BMI = 19.6 and Im a wide-shoulder guy.
So I should go for eating more even though abs aren't showing?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Undereating is no good for metabolic functions, if you're going below your BMR, Bassal Meabolic Rate, which you might be.

Having the added calories could increase wellbeing from the nurtients and energy levels from the calories.

Ideally you'd be best training in a gym if you can with weights and machines and supplementary equipment, so you can target all your body, rather than just being specific, but you need the extra calories and nutrition, as I suspect your calories are struggling to go above 1,200. so you must be eating below BMR on a daily basis.
Aww_Mannn
STARTING OUT

Post by Aww_Mannn »

Hello, thank you for the advice, Im following through with what you said. Im eating around 1800kcal with 150g of protein and 100g of carbs and 65g of fats, all as unprocessed as possible. I hope that is good, if not please correct. Im pumping up protein intake since I read helps with fat loss and auments lean muscle which is what I want. Again, feel free to correct me.
I'll try to update journey.
Again thank you very much for the support and time.