Sorry, I have to ask this..(Ab Question)

Discuss how to get ripped abs here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

DramaJones
STARTING OUT

Sorry, I have to ask this..(Ab Question)

Post by DramaJones »

Ok i'm kinda new to the site, so i'm not 100% sure if this is answered somewhere. Anyways...why do i have back pain when i do hard ab workouts...does it suppose to be like that or am i doing something wrong....In guess, i would assume i'm not using abs enough or something.

Edit = I just noticed maybe i should of posted this in the abs section sorry people.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

well your core isnlt strong enough to all those exercises so mit's giving out and then your back is taking all the stress...you only need 1 - 2 efficicent core exercises per session
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

Leg raises (while supine on the floor) can cause back pain. If you have lower back pain and you are doing these, stop doing them for a few weeks and the pain should stop.

Perform the leg raises on a vertical leg raise machine, or just to high kicks which will work fine for the lower abs. To do the high kicks, hold onto a bar to give you some stability and first do kicks with one leg, then the other. Try to kick high without any back swing.
DramaJones
STARTING OUT

Post by DramaJones »

Well i'm only 17 i don't think i'm old enough to get in the real gym yet...I just use free weights thts in basement...i mean i have a nice expensive set...and i tridmil.

but sometimes that back pain would cause me to stop and rest.
mzaruba423
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by mzaruba423 »

you're old enough to go to the gym. just don't be young and stupid
where i went to high school, a large amount of the kids in the grade above me wanted to really lift weights and look good, and i'll admit they did but they also admitted to me that some of them took steroids and most of them were on shit like creatine and nitris oxide. but in terms of lifts i'd stick to the basics and just learn from people who post on this site instead of doing your own thing
thekid24
HIGH FLYER

Post by thekid24 »

join the ymca. not sure if one's in your area but they're usually all over the place. i was 15 when i joined last year and as long as you're not doing stupid shit in the gym, they prolly won't bother you.
jms_0013
STARTING OUT

Post by jms_0013 »

Yes! Yoi should join the YMCA. Its really cheaper than an average gym membership fees. Ive been going for a while. Plus, they have additional stuff like a pool, sauna, weightroom, cardio room, ect. There is also personal trainers avalible for no extra cost. Of course there Are plenty of people trying to get sessions but like everytime i go to the weightroom theres almost always a personal trainer looking around. all YMCA's are different so it really depends. But thats probably your best bet.
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

jms_0013 wrote:Yes! Yoi should join the YMCA...
But not in Manhattan (where might find you've increase your romantic possibilities in ways you might rather avoid.)

The "Y"s vary greatly. Check them out beforehand.
Packard
VETERAN

Post by Packard »

I stayed at the Y in Manhattan (they run a hotel too) once while I was in college and I was subject to more than one "love" note slipped under door.

The rooming house at the Y in NY was notorious for that behavior I was told after stay there.
ajguy1976
STARTING OUT

Re: Sorry, I have to ask this..(Ab Question)

Post by ajguy1976 »

DramaJones wrote:Ok i'm kinda new to the site, so i'm not 100% sure if this is answered somewhere. Anyways...why do i have back pain when i do hard ab workouts...does it suppose to be like that or am i doing something wrong....In guess, i would assume i'm not using abs enough or something.

Edit = I just noticed maybe i should of posted this in the abs section sorry people.
Are you exercsing your lower back, as muscle imbalance can cause this so can weak abdominals, also exercise your transverse abdominal.