To All The Fitness Mums Out There

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

To All The Fitness Mums Out There

Post by Boss Man »

I have just reminded myself of something and so I wanted to say this one is for you guys :).

I've seen many people on-line and in real life, with children, sometimes with full-time jobs, that still take time to look after themselves properly.

You guys all seem to be people, with really, really good hearts. You care for yourselves a lot and you therefore demonstrate you have the hearts needed, to give a child a great Mother to watch over them as they grow up.

You're not perfect, but you have tough lives and sometimes some people still take care of themselves, whilst not just working full-time, but studying too.

You are all rolemodels and examples to people who moan, that they can't even go for a walk for 20 minutes a day, as they don't have time, they're busy, but you guys find time and the attitude to yourselves reflects well on your children.

You often make your children want to be decent and want to emulate you. You shape decent adults of the future. You have it tough, no question, especially with the whole pregnancy thing, but you care about yourselves a lot and pass on your attitudes and experiences and example to people in your life, that you are capable of caring for deeply.

You may not feel as if you're that special, but to me, you're all heros. You do a difficult thing, that I've no first hand experience of and you find time to be good to yourselves too.

So if you've got children who've grown up most of their lives, with an active Mum and you think you are a good rolemodel to them in that respect, but you've never necessarily felt like you're someone, doing something out of the ordinary, then this is your chance to stand up, take a bow and be proud of yourselves if you like :).

Your chance to feel special, for what you do for you and for your children and have done for many years, to show them what a good life is and what a winner is and what being human is.

This is your chance to feel appreciated and feel recognised, for coping with a tough life in a beautiful way :).

You are some of the most amazing people I've ever met and come across and some of the most valuable people as well, as you hold the future in your own destinies and help give the world the adults of tomorrow. You have a big task and a challenging task, but you certainly do it well. Not perfectly, but superbly well and it deserves to be recognised and not to be taken for granted.

So I'm writing this, for no other reason than because I think you deserve it. GOOD LUCK continuing to do all you do and be all you are and WELL DONE for doing all you have done.

You are not just potential rolemodels to your children, but to other future Mums to be, showing them that it may seem hard, and it may not come with a manual to help you cope, but it can be done and done well, with self belief, some courage and a good heart.

This is for you guys, that teach and inspire your kids and become and remain fine examples of humanity and to all of you fitness Mums reading this, I'M PROUD OF YOU and in awe of you all.

Keep up the hard work Ladies and keep trying to give yourselves and your children the lives you and they deserve. Your life is worth as much as theirs and you owe them and yourselves, the time and effort you give to yourselves, but you deserve the recognition as well.

:) :) :) :)
fit4good
STARTING OUT

Re: To All The Fitness Mums Out There

Post by fit4good »

Thank you Bossman! Well said! *Heidi takes her bow* That's so thoughtful of you to express your appreciation to all the hard working mothers out there. It isn't always easy but it is definitely all worth it. It's nice to be recongnized for all the blood, sweat, and tears that a mother endures durring motherhood.

High five to all the hardworking, fitness driven, loving mothers! :wink:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Thank you Boss Man. Your kind words and heartfelt expression in this post really touched heart and gave me a much needed "pick me up". Reminding me of why I do what I do, and how important it is to stay in the fight, no matter what - take the good days with the bad, celebrate the victories, get past and move on from the days when I don't quite hit the mark.
I have tried and continue to try to be a positive, healthy, active role model for son. I'm not perfect, but hopefully when he is grown and looks back on his childhood he will remember all the conversations we've had about healthy food, reading labels, how I encouraged him to eat his veggies (even if I had to arrange them in a happy face!), how I stressed the importance of exercise, encouraging him to join me in workouts, run with me, etc., and he will have a good start in his own life towards living healthy, and make good life long decisions about food and fitness. :D
Moms rock!! :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hey there Heidi. Good to see you back again. I hope you're doing fine and definitely keep on pushing yourself and showing your offspring what it means, to have good wellbeing and to properly represent the word "human".

You're a great example of humanity and I'm proud of being part of a site, where people like you and Lynne, can share some of your humanity and heart with the rest of us :).

I'm sure you're doing a great job trying to make your goals happen and I'm proud of you for sticking at it. All the Ladies here work hard for their health, looks and results, because they're not rich and can't just wing it, with loads of salads, surgery, stupid face creams and tonnes of Botox, but their results are honest and add a lot of value to a persons human worth.

You know you're worth it and you know any child of yours deserves to have a Mother, that cares about them a lot, because they care about themselves just as much and it's easy to be lazy and anti-social and raise kids badly, but it takes more effort, to give them the understanding about good living and being human and someone like you, will always have a lot more things to be proud of, than some lazy big mouth, with bad kids.

I hope we continue to see you around here, because you will always have a place amongst us and a lot of appreciation as well :).

Best wishes to both of you and keep on keeping on :).
fit4good
STARTING OUT

Post by fit4good »

Thanks again Bossman! I've been right here and I'm not going anywhere! I love this site- it's so informative! I've been logging in to chart progress but haven't had much extra time for the forum comments! weight loss now has been moving at a snales pace... And I know it's due to poor eating habits lately. :( (it doesn't help that I love to bake this time of year) But at least I haven't gained any. I've been running lately so this has probably helped with that!

I do have a question for you though, fitness related! I just ordered the P90x and was wondering what your thoughts were on the program- what do you think?

Well anyway, thanks for your encouraging words- it really does help!

Heidi :wink:
duilya
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by duilya »

Thanks Boss!! You always know just what to say.

I know it's hard to take the extra few minutes to prepare a healthy snack for your child rather than something quick. A suggestion from another post would help here also. He suggested preparing meals for the week so you only have to serve it or heat it up. Healthy eating that is as fast as grabbing something terrible from the cupboard. After I had daughter I was a stay at home mom that also did childcare to supplement our income. I did this very thing for ten children. Always healthy, always quick and easy to put out.

daughter is now a freshman in high school - how time flies. I've always voiced the healthy choices and importance of exercise. Now with a gym at home I'm working out nearly every day. She will go out and use it also. She is also taking weight training this year in school. It also gives us another connection to share and talk about the workouts and different exercises that she's learning and bringing home. I am so glad that she is doing this. Makes me very proud to hear that she has sore muscles and loving it. I love seeing her fill up her water bottle every morning to take to school. I can see that she uses the knowledge I've passed along all these years.

We should all be proud moms - our children are our lives and our future. They are our focus and the strongest love we'll ever have. Teach them well, raise them with respect and honor them. They will return this to us and all others that are fortunate enough to be in their lives.
fit4good
STARTING OUT

Post by fit4good »

fit4good wrote:Thanks again Bossman! I've been right here and I'm not going anywhere! I love this site- it's so informative! I've been logging in to chart progress but haven't had much extra time for the forum comments! weight loss now has been moving at a snales pace... And I know it's due to poor eating habits lately. :( (it doesn't help that I love to bake this time of year) But at least I haven't gained any. I've been running lately so this has probably helped with that!

I do have a question for you though, fitness related! I just ordered the P90x and was wondering what your thoughts were on the program- what do you think?

Well anyway, thanks for your encouraging words- it really does help!

Heidi :wink:
Umm apparently I can't spell! lol I meant snails pace! Yikes... I hope son doesn't have poor spelling abilities. hahaha
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Sorry, couldn't help myself, no offense intended :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fygle wrote:Image

Some people think I'm bonkers, but I just think I'm free :wink:.

Yes, you should be proud of yourself Duilya. That is brilliant that your daughter is doing what you do and trying in some way to emulate you and your sensible life choices. That is a big compliment to you, that you have earned, for being a clearly wonderful parent :).

You're a superb person and this kind of story makes me happy :).

WELL DONE.
fit4good
STARTING OUT

Post by fit4good »

Fygle wrote:Image

I just laughed so hard! :lol: thank you for that! love the sense of humor!