Need Motivation

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Khewitt22
STARTING OUT

Need Motivation

Post by Khewitt22 »

Hi Everyone,
I just joined this website... seemed like a usefull and helpfull site. Quick history on me... A few years back life kind of fell apart. A lot of stuff happened in personal life, mean-while I was trying not to fail out of a Doctorate program. Between the stress of personal life and the stress of school and some other stuff that was going on I managed to gain a lot of weight... and more weight ... and more... I am now 75lbs heavier than I was 2-3 years ago and I hate it. I am so self conscious! I have always loved being physically active and doing things outdoors but now I don't have the confidence or am I in shape enough to do anything. I hate it. I use to be a personal trainer so I know what I need to eat and what I need to do but i just can't seem to get motivated to stick to anything.... Instead I end up eating things I shouldn't or out drinking with friend! I want old body back. Please, has anyone been through this also that may have advice... I will take anything! i am desperate... please help!!!
Kristen
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Need Motivation

Post by fitoverforty »

Khewitt22 wrote:I use to be a personal trainer so I know what I need to eat and what I need to do but i just can't seem to get motivated to stick to anything....
Well, you've made an important step already by posting this thread and being honest about how you are feeling. I'm not a personal trainer, but I do know that to become one takes alot of work and determination and discipline, so these are the very things you need to draw on now to help you lose the weight you want. I think sometimes you can be harder on yourself when you are constantly reminded of what you "used to be" -as in a personal trainer or someone in the health and fitness industry.
Try not to think of that in a negative way, rather look at it as a source of strength to get through the journey you need to take now.
Try setting small goals. Don't think "I've got to lose 75 lbs!" because that can be overwhelming and easy to feel defeated. Set small weekly goals. It can be anything - but something that is reachable and will keep you going.
Let those small successes be your motivation and just keep working at it - little by little, improving on areas you need to improve each week, refining your diet, increasing your exercise as you get more fit - and stay connected here for support and ideas and feedback. We are all in this together here, everyone wants basically the same thing, some of us get there sooner and some of us struggle - but we all support one another and believe in the abilities of each other to get the results we want.
I wish you the best of luck in your journey!
Like you said - you know what you need to to eat, and you know what you need to do...so you have half the battle won already! Go and get started! :D
Khewitt22
STARTING OUT

Post by Khewitt22 »

Thank you for your support and all the supportive words.... it has been a rough road but i think I am finally ready to commit!!! :D it just worries me because I have felt like this before and then something comes up and it all goes out of the window... but i am really excited this time. I just re-united with an old friend who is a trainer and who I use to train with and she has agreed to help train me once a week!!! I am still sore from Thursday!!! lol but I am excited to get back on track!!! I do have a hard time with not looking at the big goal and it is a little overwhelming but I am trying to take your advise and just focus week by week! I will let you know how it goes... thank you so much for reaching out to me (a total stranger), and being so supportive.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Khewitt22 wrote: I just re-united with an old friend who is a trainer and who I use to train with and she has agreed to help train me once a week!!! I am still sore from Thursday!!! lol but I am excited to get back on track!!!
That's great! Keep at it. Celebrate the small victories, and if something happens in the week to knock you off track a bit, just don't let it keep you there. One thing I have learned being here on this site is that ultimately I have the control of what happens - it's all about choices. Sometimes I get it right and do really well, and then I'll have a bad day, or a weak moment - and if I let it, it can really get me down on myself. But only if I allow it. YOU have the power, and only you. So, hang in there, take it day by day, be proud of what you are doing, and don't beat yourself up if you have an off day, just start right back working hard. :D
biyaji
STARTING OUT

Post by biyaji »

i feel so motivated thanks a lot...LESPLEASE n FITOVERFORTY ...God bless both of you...yes we r with u khewitt22... this is for our ownselves....we can do it... :D
Khewitt22
STARTING OUT

Post by Khewitt22 »

Thanks you all sooooo... much!!! It feels so great to have so mch support!!! I am really excited to get back it shape! I have tried to eat heathier this week while not completely changing everything so we will see how it goes. I meet with friend (the trainer) on Friday so I will weigh in then and see how this week has panned out! Thanks again for all the support! :D
lynnbrwn
STARTING OUT

Post by lynnbrwn »

I know where you are coming from and no matter which profession we are in we all need motivation to stay healthy. I joined this forum to get help and tips on how to be a healthier person and I too need motivation every now and then. i starting working out three months ago and it is still difficult to get out and exercise but it helps to have someone to work out with. goal weight is 140 and I have 40 pounds to go. I hope that work out partner stays motivated lol But I know that in the end I have to find ways to motivate myself which is why I joined this forum. I hope I have a positive experience and I hope you do as well. :)
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

Change your diet and have healthy foods instead. Try to meet friends also and have sometime to relax. This will keep you from eating a lot.