boxing for ladies?

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Yeye
STARTING OUT

boxing for ladies?

Post by Yeye »

Greetings!
Kindly share opinions / thoughts / insights about boxing and gorgeous ladies like us 8)
I am a big fan of running but is seriously considering boxing...
skully
REGULAR

Re: boxing for ladies?

Post by skully »

Boxing is awesome!

I am not of the most knowledgable ones here, but I have been boxing for a while now, about 6 months on own and 4-5 weeks with a trainer. I found there are a lot of benefits to it, and up to an extent muscle tone has become better from boxing complimentary to weight training. It's very high intensity, but it's very important you get the technique first, right way to punch, move the hips, feet..etc before going all crazy on the bag ;).

It's really a great cardio/strength workout if you incoporate with rounds an exercises

Round one: certain boxing technique (i.e.) uppercut, uppercut, straight straight for 3 mins, then on the floor for planks (elbow elbow, palm plam) plank 1 min
Round two: hook, straight, hook for 3 mins, then 20 pushups...

this is just an mini example of what I do, you wanna make sure you warm up the muscles before and do a bit of light jogging ahead of time.

hope that helps!
Yeye
STARTING OUT

Post by Yeye »

wow. thanks so much for the reply and for the information.
all the while I thought of just buying a punching bag for home use. Am guessing that simply hitting the bag wont do any good.
Thank you for the suggestion about specific punching styles and body movement :)
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Yeye wrote:wow. thanks so much for the reply and for the information.
all the while I thought of just buying a punching bag for home use. Am guessing that simply hitting the bag wont do any good.
Thank you for the suggestion about specific punching styles and body movement :)

haha, hitting the bag will do you good, but its very important you learn the proper way to hit or you mighr get yourself injured as I have (minor) just hurt wrist a bit.

Here are few pointers (youtube them), cross, jab, hook, uppercut, bodyshot for body boxing, back fist, elbow...(always write boxing with those words!), front kick, side kick, roundhouse...familiarize yourself with those, and there are some programs drills u can find online to follow some combos of the things above.
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

Boxing are not for boys alone. A lot of women are engaging into boxing as a fitness routine. This is a good exercise and exciting activity as well.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It's an olympic sport now and Britain had a winner.
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

I think boxing for ladies is not good thing because it it important that you have to be strong more.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It most certainly is. Boxing improves peoples confidence, it can help them escape lives that could go wrong, EG: crime, social delinquency etc and if females have to be stronger to do it, then they get stronger and female strength is not a bad thing, unless it's a bodybuilder using serious not small amounts of steroids and risking their lifespan and heart health.

I simply cannot agree with your statement at all I'm sorry, but I can't.
Sofi26
STARTING OUT

Post by Sofi26 »

Boxing is great exercise for woman, It shapes out whole body, and is also great for weight loss:) I practised selfdefence for a while and I felt great!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boxing is a great workout and fun! Women should be able to work out and learn how to defend themselves. I love it and will continue it! :D