Valentine's Day

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

let_live.love92
STARTING OUT

Valentine's Day

Post by let_live.love92 »

boyfriend's taking me out to a nice restaurant. I already have outfit and everything all picked out. However, in terms of diet, we plan on getting calamari as an appetizer and I was thinking an organic chicken dish, but it's stuffed with bread crumbs. I probably should let myself enjoy the night, but any suggestions on how to do damage control?

Luckily I don't have to worry about chocolate or dessert, because he knows that I don't like getting dessert and I'm trying to eat healthy, plus I don't like chocolate.

Thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Valentine's Day

Post by Boss Man »

Difficult to know how to respond, without any understanding of the restaurants menu.
let_live.love92
STARTING OUT

Post by let_live.love92 »

http://www.visitwaterandwine.com/menus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Suggestions from the main dinner menu.

Starters

Option 1

Antipasto, hold the meat and Vegetables, just cold meat and olives. They should be able to do this.

Option 2

Wild mushrooms. It's a side dish but if you wanted it for a starter, then why not?

Mains

Option 1

Pork chops

Option 2

Filet Mignon, hold the mushrooms, if you had mushrooms as a starter, otherwise leave them in.

Dessert

Option 1

Mix and Match. Berries from the fricassée, combined with chocolate sauce. I can't see why they couldn't do that.

Option 2

Chocolate Decadence, minus the cake; just the mousse, cherries and cherry-bourbon anglaise. I would think they would be able to do this.

Alternatively you could with this second option, split the dessert, so you have what I said and hubby gets the cake for him seperately.

One option creating 2 seperate desserts and saves $9 while you're doing it, if you propose the idea to the staff properly. This saves money without looking a skinflint, romance killing option.

You've got a simplified system there. Two options per course, os that should work for you :).
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

Just don't mind your diet on that day. That is a special day, so you'd rather enjoy it than think of your diet.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

At present I think we will never know what she chose. It would be interesting to find out though :wink: .
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

Yes,Valentine's day is special for all lovers.So,enjoy valentine's day as a special day.
Jammy
STARTING OUT

Post by Jammy »

Just enjoy..one day is not going to hurt anything....but I am old...so this is what I do...eat the best I can most of the time. :thumb: and get extra walking in or what ever your exercise is.