What do you wear...?

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

What do you wear...?

Post by Tallgirll22T »

What do you wear...under your gym shorts? I'm not being a perv here. This is a SERIOUS question regarding wedgies.

You see, I am really thinking of joining the gym next door to workplace. A girl I work with seems to like me for some reason and wants me to go to the gym with her. I usually workout at home. But in the comfort of own home, its no big deal if I get a wedgie. In a gym with a bunch of hotties running around...well, it's just bad form to be pulling at one's undies the whole time. I've tried going commando at home during workouts, but everything just jiggles around too much and it's uncomfortable.

So...ladies, what do you wear under there? Boy briefs, bikini, hipsters, a thong? Lycra, cotton, spandex? Those really tight little shorts? I like to workout in baggy shorts and a tank or tee, cute shoes, and a kickass sports bra. It is just the panties part that has got me befuddled. Will appreciate any comments. I hope y'all appreciate the humor in this, even though it is a serious question.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: What do you wear...?

Post by fitoverforty »

I wear spandex shorts that come down mid thigh (like what I have on in profile pic). i used to wear undies with it - but would have to wear "granny panties" that came up to the waist so no one would see the "line" across butt that bikini undies leave. :roll: Well....now I go commando baby! 8) No lines to worry about and it is alot cooler. The spandex shorts have a little liner in them and they fit tight so less jiggling, so that helps. I don't like to wear regular shorts or baggy shorts cause they just ride up when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill and I don't want to give a peep show when I'm on the weight bench :lol:
I wear a long sports bra or tank top over it all and love wearing neon colors to brighten things up a bit. :mrgreen:
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Tallgirll22T »

Gee thanks :) I always thought things could breathe better in baggier shorts, but I have a tight pair of biking capris. I'll try a workout in that before I hit the gym. I used to go to a gym in high school, but I can't remember at all what I wore!
Oh and neon colors are the best. I especially like neon purple and azure blue. They both pair nicely with white, grey, or black. Nobody wants to be head to toe neutrals; it just isn't motivating.
FitLadyLove
STARTING OUT

Post by FitLadyLove »

Such a funny convo and something that I had issues with as well :lol:

One of favorite brand is Lululemon - although a bit pricier, so worth it! fav is their "light as air hipster" http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clot ... uswwearit7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jgerard
STARTING OUT

Post by jgerard »

Hahaha I have always struggled with this as well until the past couple of years. I have boxer brief underwear that are kind of microfiber that are so soo comfy and act like spanex shorts..mine are a little longer than past butt. I also have running speed shorts from lululemon that I am in love with also..they have built in underwear that are the first and only comfy built in underwear shorts I have worn! http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clot ... hort-32138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OfficeGirl
STARTING OUT

Post by OfficeGirl »

This is a great question, actually. I struggle with this, too sometimes. I've found that the boy shorts from Under Armour are the best for me. I have some from Champion, but they ride up a little, and I don't like them as well. For me, I do a lot of floor work, and I didn't want anyone looking up shorts lol. I've been meaning to get the capris or maybe the ones that stop just above the knee, but I'm tight on funds. Anyway, I like the boyshorts with cotton shorts over them. They're a win-win with no wedgies and no peep show. Good luck!
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

I wear cotton underwears when working out. The seamless ones. I just feel more comfortable with it. :)

@FitLadyLove- Checked out the site. Indeed pricey!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Good ole pretty spandex.