2014 group weight loss journey.

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Re: 2014 group weight loss journey.

Post by rockchick_82808 »

I won't be weighing in this week since it's that time of month and water retention. However when I weighed on thrusday I went down to 233. Good news, I have dropped a dress size. I am now down to a 16!!! So happy. These classes and running and biking is working. Getting there!!!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Totally forgot to post weight Monday! I went up 2 pounds bc I stopped juicing. To be expected when transitioning back to food. However today I'm already down 1 of them. I'm honestly to the point that I'm not worried anymire. After doing that stomach shrunk so much that portion sizes are really small. Plus, with how much I'm training now, it will only get better from here. Knock on wood, no major issues again like last yr :)
wifemomsupahero
STARTING OUT

Can anyone join this "group?"

Post by wifemomsupahero »

I noticed this thread was called "2014 group weight loss journey" and was wondering about joining in?? Hopefully I'm not too late?

I have struggled with weight since hitting puberty (some 20-ish years ago!!!) but I have NEVER been as huge as I am now--245 lbs. *gulp* I am just starting weight loss journey. I'm determined NOT to put on another pound, and to lose 100-110 lbs. I want to be a healthy, fun mom to kids and a sexy, hot seductress to awesome (and health conscience, in-shape *buff*) husband! I just discovered Shapefit.com a week or so ago. I have not been able to stop reading the success stories! Very inspiring and motivational!

I would love to have some accountability & encouragement (read: HELP!!!!!!!) on this journey :wink:

Thanks so much!

k
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Not too late at all! we have journals in the journal section if you are interested in doing that too. I've been not really too involved since we started the journal Christina has been doing all the work but i would like that to change starting today! so no worries on starting later. Welcome. :wave:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Wmsh, it's good to talk to you.

I'm not personally involved with the nature of this discussion, but I'd like to say that I'm proud of you for wanting to change you life around and you should be proud of trying to change and whatever you need to help you move forwards and get the life you will ultimately deserve, then please ask as many questions or make as many comments as you need, because we will support you every step of the way and beyond for as long as you want us too, so GOOD LUCK and best wishes and remember it's not all about you on the outside, but on the inside, because the outside of you is an advertisement for you, but the inside of you is the important bit, so don't think when it's not gone as well for you one week as you'd like, that you've achieved little to nothing, because it's about the things you can't see, as well as the things you can and if you place the importance of human function over human form when you go through this transition, then you'll attach more significance to it I feel :).
wifemomsupahero
STARTING OUT

Boss Man wrote:Hi Wmsh, it's good to talk to you.

I'm not personally involved with the nature of this discussion, but I'd like to say that I'm proud of you for wanting to change you life around and you should be proud of trying to change and whatever you need to help you move forwards and get the life you will ultimately deserve, then please ask as many questions or make as many comments as you need, because we will support you every step of the way and beyond for as long as you want us too, so GOOD LUCK and best wishes and remember it's not all about you on the outside, but on the inside, because the outside of you is an advertisement for you, but the inside of you is the important bit, so don't think when it's not gone as well for you one week as you'd like, that you've achieved little to nothing, because it's about the things you can't see, as well as the things you can and if you place the importance of human function over human form when you go through this transition, then you'll attach more significance to it I feel :).

Thank you! As of this a.m. I am down 4 lbs from last week! Only 96 to go :clap:
wifemomsupahero
STARTING OUT

musculArgirl2 wrote:Not too late at all! we have journals in the journal section if you are interested in doing that too. I've been not really too involved since we started the journal Christina has been doing all the work but i would like that to change starting today! so no worries on starting later. Welcome. :wave:

Where is the journal section? Thanks!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The section called workout journals or diet journals :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Sorry about the late post. You are more than welcome to join!!!! I been so busy since it's gotten warm out. 245 was star too. I've been in limbo of 233 to 235 the past few weeks. It's very nice to meet you! Even though the weight has not shown much change body itself has. Big tip take pics!!! Those days ur bummed about the scale u will be surprised that changed has happend. Also use weight loss as a bonus. Make some physical goals that Hard for you. That's why I picked up running and do races. I try to either improve time or distance. Knowing ur able to improve these things shows ur hard work is paying off when the scale wants to be an enemy at times.
wifemomsupahero
STARTING OUT

rockchick_82808 wrote:Sorry about the late post. You are more than welcome to join!!!! I been so busy since it's gotten warm out. 245 was star too. I've been in limbo of 233 to 235 the past few weeks. It's very nice to meet you! Even though the weight has not shown much change body itself has. Big tip take pics!!! Those days ur bummed about the scale u will be surprised that changed has happend. Also use weight loss as a bonus. Make some physical goals that Hard for you. That's why I picked up running and do races. I try to either improve time or distance. Knowing ur able to improve these things shows ur hard work is paying off when the scale wants to be an enemy at times.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am definitely finding that weight loss is the least of the benefits of exercising and eating right! I feel soooo much better since I have been eating healthy. I didn't realize HOW much better until I ate junk today and felt like s***.

as far as exercise goes, it is goal to be able to call myself a "runner." I am slowly adding to daily walk/jog routine. goal is to be able to run a 5k this fall (september-ish)

Thanks for all the input & encouragement on here! I love this website!

:thumb:

k
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I'm so excited that ur doing for first 5k! It's so exciting. When u so ur first race u will become addicted!!! If u have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

So update on weight. When grandma passed two weeks ago I ate like crazy even tho I kept bike riding and staying outside I gained weight up to 239! I was so mad at myself fo doing that dam emotional eating again. So I started doing some cardio on the p90x and dropped 2 pounds this week. So now at 237. Few more pounds and I will be back to square one. I decided to do the p90x challenge but in 30 day intervials. It's supposed to be 90 but I'm going to see how it goes. I did the yoga video today and it was hard as hell I won't lie. It was an hr and half long and it took me 2hrs bc I had to take breaks and go back at to finish. Some moves I'm not even capable of yet. I have never been flexible. I'm just happy I can finally touch toes lol. Finally a at home thing that's challenging and actually keeps attention. I feel like I actually got in a good workout. I have a 9 mile optical course race coming up in august and this will help get me to where I need to be for that. upper body isn't as strong as it used to be after having this damn desk job for two yrs. Just holding arms up in the warrior two pose I could feel the burn. I didn't care how long it took to do the video I was determined to finish.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Just keep believing in yourself Christina. It has been difficult in many respects the past 18 months, but you've done quite a lot of things to be proud of yourself and your a fantastic person and I am confident you will achieve the things you want to in the future and you will deserve them.

GOOD LUCK
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

Wow, this thread is so inspirational. I have gameface on and will surely post some good news soon!