2014 group weight loss journey.

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Re: 2014 group weight loss journey.

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Got back into juicing. When I did this last yr it was able to give me a jump start on metabolism and lost a lot of weight. From there on it continued to drop with workout ect. I've been on it for two days now. Yesterday was the first time I didn't need to nap after work bc I had so much energy to do stuff. workout class was awesome too
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

What brand of juicer do you use?
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Jack lalanne power juicer. It was pretty cheap about 100.00. Unlike those crazy one that's are around 400.00.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Is that all you are drinking/eating?? or just replacing one meal?? I was going to say you might want to add a protein drink maybe with your juicing?? Just to get some protein. But i'm not nutritionist. :thumb:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I've been making sure to add lots of spinach since it has high amounts of protien. :) on the workout days I make a smoothie and add whey protien. Powder. It is the only thing I'm in taking. Lost 10 pounds so far. When I did this last yr I lost 23. Doing this to get me back on track. Nothing permanent and I'm paying attention to how body feels each day.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

rockchick_82808 wrote:I've been making sure to add lots of spinach since it has high amounts of protien. on the workout days I make a smoothie and add whey protien. Powder. It is the only thing I'm in taking. Lost 10 pounds so far. When I did this last yr I lost 23. Doing this to get me back on track. Nothing permanent and I'm paying attention to how body feels each day.
Sounds good! i know you did good on it last year. i wasn't criticizing at all. :) Just wondered maybe if adding protein powder would help with the weight loss. :D
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

rockchick_82808 wrote:Jack lalanne power juicer. It was pretty cheap about 100.00. Unlike those crazy one that's are around 400.00.

Sounds too good to be true! I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info.
Last edited by Alinshop on Thu May 01, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Not a problem. I got it from a bed bath and beyond. They also have those 20% off coupons. Idk if there are any near you but worth checking out.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I finally broke free of the 240s!

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Congrats christina. You are so motivating me! I'm starting out good today another start over. :) maybe next week i have something to post. :) :clap: :clap:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you! We all have our set backs. Lord knows I've had kine since I joined this site yrs ago. Just have to find what motivates u. In the past it was wanting to achieve goals physically I never could before so I got into running. This yr it's to become the girl I was last summer and not let what happened take away hard work. I feel drive this yr is even stronger simply because of the injury and overcoming the odds. It's can't be just to lose weight it has to be more than that. If that's ur only focus u will be disappointed time and time again when u have ur "fat" days. When u put ur attention on running a mile for the first time to improving ur time later in that mile, the weight loss becomes the added bonus to the other achievements ur already making.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I've had similiar set backs. Last year i had a pain in shin that the doctor wanted me to not run for 6 to 8 weeks right after 5k. Then right after that i decided to increase level on treadmill to a faster walk and then i got another foot injury for another 6 to 8 weeks. I still have the injury right now when i walk too much on it. :( It's very mild now and not painful at all though. i only feel it mildly when i walk too much with it. The doctor thinks if i lose weight it might go away. so i can't run like you. i wish i could. It actually might never go away but i think if i can lose 75 pounds that could make a huge difference with it.

I can't really even walk to much let alone run. :twisted: I think for now i'm just going to be happy with the spin bike, elliptical and swimming. :Hahabonk:

I think running does help make it easier to focus on weight loss though. It's a burns tons of calories and gives endorphins and makes you feel good.

Edgar in the workout section lost 100 pounds running. So it can be done! Great Job!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Congrats girl on overcoming it. It's hard and can really bring u down. Swimming is a great workout too all over! You will get there. I have faith in u.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

rockchick_82808 wrote:Congrats girl on overcoming it. It's hard and can really bring u down. Swimming is a great workout too all over! You will get there. I have faith in u.
Thanks. :) I think you might have more faith than i do in me. :funny: It is hard and it can bring you down. It's different when you have 20 pounds to lose versus 100 or more. Everything is much harder let alone without an injury!!

It seem your juicing seems to be working well! :) i might have to try that some day just to get the scale moving. I can't right now though because i already bought groceries. :lol: But i will consider it for the future.

It did seem to really bring your weight down. :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

The juicing has helped a lot. I still have 60 more pounds to get to goal. I decided to stick to it for 30 days. It's a lot of trial and error. I've made some nasty combos lol sucked when I brought it to work bc I was stuck with it and had to drink it. Learned to taste first at home before doing that. U have to make sure to get a good amount of veggies in it. U can't drink over the counter juices bc when u juice, all the vitamins ect. Oxidized after 24hrs. It's tough at first bc ur breaking habits in doing it. The first time I did it was harder bc it was really detoxing body so I was tired and had headaches. I was breaking a caffeine addition too. This time, I didn't have that bc I have been vegetarian 3 months prior. Watch some videos on YouTube about juice fasting. There's a couple who did it for 60 days and lost over 60pounds. It helps to break old habits and lose the weight in the process.