2014 group weight loss journey.

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

2014 group weight loss journey.

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Hi everyone. Some of you may know me and follow workout journal or saw weight loss story on shapefit. After that story I had a lot of ups and downs that I shared on blog. Last year I lost 4 dress sizes but then health issues arose. I had bacterial infections, sprained foot and ankle, then had pheunoma. I became good friends with doctors, hospitals and urgent care centers. All I did was sleep when I got home. food intake wasn't bad but bc activity went down the weight went up. Depressingly up 29 pounds! To 245. :( I know that the health issues brought me there but I still can't help but to feel the sadness and disappointment in myself after all the hard work I achieved. So I got back on the horse and last week been taking butt and gut classes 3 days a week. So far I have been feeling the workout!

I created this journal so other women out there that would like to find someone to communicate with to keep them focused on their journey too, can post here.

Mondays will be weight in day. Once a month with be measurements. Figured the end of each month. You can post pictures if you feel comfortable. This is a judgment free zone. I have had many, many, many, hard times that contributed to weight loss struggle. We all have a story. I am very open to mine on journal bc I feel it helps others see that they too can push through it and not give up. You have something to work for!

I have had a lot of support from this site for many yrs and I don't mind returning the favor.

For this post I will share measurements and pictures. Tomorrow will be weight.

left thigh 29 inches
Right thigh 29.5 inches
Left arm 17 inches
Right arm 17 inches
Hips 53 inches
Tummy 48.5 inches
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: 2014 group weight loss journey.

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Looks good christina. I will weigh in tomorrow too. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What you need to remember is that you were doing brilliantly up until the problems you went through and you CAN be consistent like you were again, especially with all your classes and races.

These things are sent to try us as they say, but I am sure you've come through these tribulations stronger and wiser, because despite it all, you never gave up on yourself and became a total slob who's mindset was shot to bits and I've known about the things you've encountered in the last 12 months and to some extent how they have affected your progress and you mustn't be too upset or disappointed about how things went, but proud of yourself for not giving up and for trying what you could realistically do to keep on top of your weight.

Injuries and illness really did knock you sideways on the progress, but after up and down success for some years, you were being consistent and making it work and you WILL do that again Christina and I am extremely proud of you for the way you tried what you could to care for yourself throughout the tough disappointments, because I can appreciate that damaged ankles and pneumonia are hardly a breeze to deal with and certainly not much fun.

Hang in there and keep believing. You DO have the strength and the capability to succeed and you are slowly starting to get some progress as of late, so e proud of yourself, chin up and be strong.

You're an emotionally beautiful Lady and you ARE 10,000,000 worth it and this community is here for you and unless it disappears for some reason we won't stop reaching out to you and supporting you unless you choose to stop reaching out to us.

I'm sending some BIG HUGS to a special person and be proud of posting this, because you could have just said stuff happened and been reluctant to say what, but you laid it on the line and admitted to some tough things you went through and it's that ability to express hard things with a degree of beauty and as a result show a bit of courage that is proof of what you can give to this process emotionally and mentally and I'm sure your experiences will have made you stronger and more determined.

GOOD LUCK
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

x
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

You got this! :D
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Hello everyone! Bossman thank you for your kind words and support as always. It helps more than I can express.

OK last week's weigh in pic

I didn't take a pic this Monday since the website was down but I went down to 242! I have been counting calories which has helped a lot. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Great Job Christina!!
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thanks girl. H I w did things go ur first week?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I was up to 248.2 this last week and am now down to 244.2 today when i weighed in. But i know some of that is water weight and sodium fluctuation. i was at 244 about a week and a half ago anyways. :roll: I've been fluctuating in the 240s up and down through the entire months of Jan, Feb and March. Time to kick it to the curb. :thumb:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I'm right there with u. It's so frustrating. I was curious this morning about the weight I went on the scale at 5am 242. Then on again at 530 without eating or drinking breakfast yet and went up 2 pounds. Crazy. I hope I see improvements in the measurements.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

That's happened to me too. Actually this morning i weighed myself at 3 am and got 244.2. I thought about not eating and weighing myself later in the morning around 5:30 or 6 usually i weigh less around that time but decided once is enough! :funny: It can drive you crazy if you let it.

Good job on the 242. :clap:
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Saw this this morning I just got so excited I had to post it. :) I'm happy I dropped some weight before first raceImage!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

rockchick_82808 wrote:Saw this this morning I just got so excited I had to post it. I'm happy I dropped some weight before first race
Great job! :clap: :thumb:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You deserve to be proud of yourself Christina. You're doing brilliantly and I knew you could make this happen, because of how well you were doing before your problems occurred.

You CAN do this Christina, because I have 10,000,000% belief in you :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Slow progress is better than no progress. On Friday I will be going on a roadtrip. bf and I will bring our bikes to go riding while we are on vacation and pack a cooler full of fruits and veggies so we don't go off track of our diets and exercise. So I will have to post weight on tuesday. May not improve simply bc mother nature is next week and water weight always goes up. :/ the joys of being a woman. Not.