Meditation benefits on skin

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Meditation benefits on skin

Post by FitandLeila816 »

I'll be having 1 month vacation in August and I'm planning on attending a meditation camp. Aside from the spiritual and mental benefits that I'm gonna achieve (FX!), are there any benefits that I could get in improving skin? Like making me glow and making skin tighter and more supple? TIA!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Re: Meditation benefits on skin

Post by Nokie173 »

The only thing I can think of is that, when you meditate, you are calm and not stress. Stress causes a lot of breakout and so does hormones. Make sure to drink a lot of water and put sun blocks.
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

Yeah, thanks! I'll be staying at Nam Yang Kung Fu Retreat in Pai, Thailand. I'm hoping that skin would improve albeit the humid temperature in that country. But you're right, stress is one of the major factors in skin breakout, perhaps that's why I continue to have minor breakouts recently. I need a destressor indeed!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Have a relaxing trip!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Enjoy your trip! When I went to Laos (next to Thailand) last year, it was hot and humid. I didn't breakout but I didn't think skin was any better.
I actually think I gotten darker or a bad tan... so it is important to have sun block on. Again, drink lots of water and make sure it's clean water!!! I had stomach pain for 3 days because the food was not so clean... but that didn't stop me from eating street food :tonguepoke:
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

@Alinshop- Thanks! :_

@Nokie173- Wow, Laos is also one of bucketlist, though Cambodia will come first, haha! So sorry to hear about that, but I agree street food is so tempting!
Also, just can't wait to see this from the meditation camp Nam Yang Kung Fu Retreat http://www.kungfuretreat.com where we'll be staying. :D Image Aahhh....
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Nice... I will have to look in to that when I go to Thailand! I actually have a friend from Thailand now visiting me in America. So, when I go to Thailand, she will take me around :tongue: But the retreat location looks peaceful... ENJOY yourself!
FitandLeila816
STARTING OUT

Post by FitandLeila816 »

Thanks for that and enjoy your travels as well! :)
zroakes
STARTING OUT

Post by zroakes »

Enjoy your retreat. I'm jealous.

I would say that a 1 month meditation retreat would have the effect of making you more accepting of the current appearance of your skin. Especially if you are contemplating impermanence, yes? Practicing self-compassion can also have this effect.