Smelly discharge before menstrual pain and bleeding normal?

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Caters
STARTING OUT

Smelly discharge before menstrual pain and bleeding normal?

Post by Caters »

1 thing that I havent noticed until last period is vaginal discharge becoming smelly.

When I started noticing the smell I thought at first that it was urine since urine often causes me to become a little smelly. But then I smelled it again and I realized that it wasn't a urine smell or a poop smell. It was coming from vaginal discharge.

A few hours later and the pain arrives since the uterus is starting to contract. However there is still no bleeding.

A few hours later and I start bleeding. It was light but that is normal.

It continued to be very light for 3 days straight but it did get heavier every day.

It then suddenly went to being heavy.

It lasted as long as it usually does and for me that is 5 days.

since it was so light(I did remember to drink fluids to keep myself from getting sticky lips which is a sign of dehydration) for 3 days straight I wonder if the uterus was not contracting as much as it normally does and then to compensate it contracted more than it normally does.

And that smelly discharge. I knew that since it was a blood smell that blood was near the vagina which is likely a sign of menstruation.

But why would discharge become smelly hours before the period or the pain starts?
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: Smelly discharge before menstrual pain and bleeding normal?

Post by fat-to-fit »

I have no idea maybe you have a yeast infection.