Motivation for a mommy

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

sudhasetty
STARTING OUT

Motivation for a mommy

Post by sudhasetty »

Guys,

About me: First time member to this space.
Family: Mom of 2 boys
Body Type: heavy in the middle. typical Indian body
Experience with exercise: Was a cardio person all life.
Experience with Weights: One year back I came across Jim Stoppani inBody Building. Loved it. Did weight lifting for 10 months, but I moved away from the gym where I used to work and started working out at home.
Strengths: I can wake up in the morning, can be easily motivated, More strong than I can am right now.
weakness: I am a yo-yo dieter.

I Believe Beauty is to look Stronger and stay Stronger Mentally and Physically

Finally question: I would like to restart exercise and weightlifting. But I am 40 now, can I build muscle at this age? I need motivation, please. Is there anything I need to take care. what exercises are really effective at this age. I don't want to die without getting the body that I want :huh:

MOTIVATION PLEASE GUYS. :wave:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Motivation for a mommy

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Sudhasetty, good to speak with you.

Yes, females can build muscle at any age, even over 65, so there is certainly on reason why you can't.

Do you have any kind of gym access close to where you live or are you mostly only able to train at home and if so, have you got any equipment and would you be willing to invest in any more?
sudhasetty
STARTING OUT

Post by sudhasetty »

Thank you for the reply, yes I have a treadmill at home and weights up to 50lbs dumbells. I have a bench, resistance bands, ab roller and a Total Gym at home. And I am planning to take a gym membership at lifetime fitness.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

As for what you lift, go for the second smallest dumbbells on bench press, lunges and squats, the smallest dumbbells on shrugs and the smallest barbell on bent over rows and deadlifts

You should find you can increase your weight a little bit every 1-2 weeks.
sudhasetty
STARTING OUT

Post by sudhasetty »

Awesome thanks for the response
ScarletG
STARTING OUT

Post by ScarletG »

Hi sudhasetty,

Of course you can! :)

Just find an activity you enjoy doing (Boss Man's schedule seems great to me :) ), and eat more fibers and healthy foods in general, and you'll see the improvement in no time. :)
mark031111
STARTING OUT

Post by mark031111 »

sudhasetty wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:48 am Thank you for the reply, yes I have a treadmill at home and weights up to 50lbs dumbells. I have a bench, resistance bands, ab roller and a Total Gym at home. And I am planning to take a gym membership at lifetime fitness.
It sounds like you've got a fantastic setup at home with the treadmill, weights, bench, and resistance bands. Check this 10 must-try resistance band total body workout: https://drapersstrength.com/blogs/blog/ ... dy-workout