Weight Loss

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

bgq
STARTING OUT

Weight Loss

Post by bgq »

Hi,

First, I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, so please excuse me if this so.

Well, wife is 30 years old and she weighs about 90 kg (200 pounds). She is now convinced that she must do something to reduce her weight and build some muscles. I would like to ask about both diets and exercises.

1- The available options about exercising: some classes offer aerobics, some also offer aerobics while carrying weights (I really don't how this could be done) in addition to standard weight lifting. What is the best option? Are there any other suggestions?

2- About nutrition, she tried kito diet for six monthes, but honestly, the results do not worth the suffer. Furthermore, In the last measurements she lost considerable amount of water and muscles! I don't think kito is working well with her. What do you suggest about diet and nutrition?

I appreciate any replies.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Weight Loss

Post by Boss Man »

This kind of system might work for you. It's something I've posted before.

Breakfast

Option 1.

Bowl of Whole-grain Cereal and scrambled Eggs, (2 Egg Whites + Yolk)

Option 2.

Protein shake, small portion of Nuts, (excluding higher carb ones like Cashews, Chestnuts and Grapenuts).

Snack

Option 1.

Portion of Turkey + Orange

Option 2.

Small Portion of Peanuts, some Chicken

Lunch

Option 1.

Large Beef Sandwich with trimmings, I.E. Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber etc.

Option 2.

Bowl of Chicken Soup, + Pot of yoghurt.

Snack

Option 1.

Turkey + Cashews

Option 2.

Ham + 2 large Tomatos

Dinner

Option 1.

Pork with mashed Potato.

Option 2.

Chicken and Rice

Option 3.

100g Halibut + Broccoli

Snack

Option 1.

Beans on Toast

Option 2.

Ham Sandwich, no trimmings.

Easy on the bread with both options.

You could add a few things to certain meals, like Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, Parsley, Mustard, Herbs, Garlic.

As for the training you could do a schedule something like this using the weight you've got.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Military Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

This is how your schedule could look per week

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.

This prevents you doing 5 days straight and 2 days of nothing, as I think that's allowing too much consecutive taxation and 2 days of your body doing nothing, slowly starting to adjust to it, before 5 days of grind again, which might take the edge off progress potential, so the 5 split days should be better for you.

As for the weight I'd use the bars without any weight for shrugs and the other exercises except planks by adding the smallest amount of weight possible to both bars.

Then you increase the weight used by the smallest amount every 2 weeks and increase planks by 5 seconds a week until you're doing 90 seconds of it.
bgq
STARTING OUT

Post by bgq »

I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I would also like to add stop drinking sugary drinks.... sometimes I unconsciously drink "diet ginger ale" "diet Snapples" or juice which contains more sugar than the body needs. After I started to cut them out and be more mindful of drinks... It helped with the weight lost. Also, I started to add some whey protein drinks and it does help with curbing hunger. :)