Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

prajal
STARTING OUT

How to get flat tummy?

Post by prajal »

Hi,
I am 27F .
height is 5ft 3inches and weight is 55KGs.
I am not fat as such but tummy is not flat.

I want to flatten tummy.
plz suggest some exercises I can do at home.

thanks.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

stomach vaccums
pelvic tilts
wall ab isolations

search google for these

oh and diet
prajal
STARTING OUT

Post by prajal »

thanks a lot :)
Dolphindrmin
STARTING OUT

Post by Dolphindrmin »

I do alot of core exercises.

One core workout might consist of 2-3 sets of at least 5 of these exercises:

Bicycles
side reaches w/ a 6-7 lb medicine ball
reverse cruches
double crunches with a 6-7 lb medicine ball
high kicks
frog kicks
hip hops
Prone Iso ab planks
and ball transfers using a smaller body ball

I also do alot of exercises on the body ball with free weight dumbells ranging from 3, 8 or 10 lbs.
SarahPT
REGULAR

Post by SarahPT »

Here is an article I have published on the topic:

The Quest for a Flat Stomach

Everyone wants a flat stomach and everyone wants a simple answer on how to get one. Many of us may have been tricked by a gadget advertised on television as the newest way to flatten the stomach, only to be disappointed with the results. The quest to get a flat stomach often ends in frustration. Allow me to show you a simple and reliable method of getting a flat stomach that involves no fancy gadgets.
The first thing I would like to mention is that genetics play a role in how difficult it will be for you to get the flat stomach you desire. Some of us are genetically programmed to hold a great deal of fat in the stomach area, while other people are genetically programmed to hold more fat in the hips or thighs. Some people are genetically programmed to have their fat evenly distributed over their body. Those who naturally hold more fat in their stomach area will, of course, have a more difficult time achieving a flat stomach. It is not impossible, just more challenging.
There is a saying that I love. It’s “abs are made in the kitchen.â€Â
Terca
STARTING OUT

Post by Terca »

Sarah after reading your comment I have a question:
If you can do more than 20 crunches it is time to find a more challenging exercise. Quality is more important than quantity.
Right now I am do doing 3 sets of 15 crunches in an AB crunch machine, I can definitely do more, does that mean i should increase the weight? or would it be better to do more sets?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

increase wt
Terca
STARTING OUT

Post by Terca »

thanks! swanso5 :)
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

I'd say dump the ab crunches, you can make better use of valuable time doing core exercises. Not sure what your routine is, but I guarantee spending too much time on abs will not give you a flat tummy.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could try doing those with a weight disc on your Chest, or even do the one where you attatch a rope to a Tricep machine, get on your Knees, holding the rope behind your Head, and Crunch forwards.

The Abs Machines are not that great in opinion, and if you don't set them up probably, there's potential Neck issues to consider.
Terca
STARTING OUT

Post by Terca »

DianaB wrote:I'd say dump the ab crunches, you can make better use of valuable time doing core exercises. Not sure what your routine is, but I guarantee spending too much time on abs will not give you a flat tummy.
Well i'm doing 30 min of cardio then i work legs and arms on the machines at the gym, I only do two sets on each machine because I don't want to over do it since I just started. Then I do the AB machine. I don't know what core excercises are
Boss Man wrote: or even do the one where you attatch a rope to a Tricep machine, get on your Knees, holding the rope behind your Head, and Crunch forwards
:shock: ohh I saw girl doing that at the gym!
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

Terca, search "Sexy Female Training" By Chad Waterbury. It's not a hard workout, and will get you off those machines. It's a good place to start. If you plug "core exercises" into google, you should get about a million hits. Personally, for a flat stomach, the single leg DL works for me. Pilates is a great way to gain awareness of your core muscles as well.
diana
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

P.S. don't buy one of those Abs belts ever.

They are bollocks :wink:
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: How to get flat tummy?

Post by rohanjain »

You have to do exercise daily to get flat tummy.Coffee is helpful for flat tummy.You have to take 2 cup of coffee in a day.One cup in morning and second cup in evening time.
Sofi26
STARTING OUT

Re: How to get flat tummy?

Post by Sofi26 »

Abs abs abs and only abs :))