Muscular body and pregnancy

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

Muscular body and pregnancy

Post by skully »

I am curious to know...what happens to someone who has a very toned up, muscular body after pregnancy. I'm talking, with bodies with packs, hard stomachs..and such, and not "general nice fit body".

Should someone truly bother to get to that stage, and a few years later have kids and have it getting ruined time and time again?

Isn't it better to have a nice healthy fit body, then have kids, and work toward a fit body again, instead of a very muscular one?

I am just curious what happens to the muscles, how do they change, stay the same, during and after pregnancy?

p.s. NO IM NOT pregnant, just weighing options for the future.
skully
REGULAR

Re: Muscular body and pregnancy

Post by skully »

Is it easier because your body is accustomed to it? I wonder though what happens to the "bulky" women during and after? How does their body changes?

Is having below 20% fat could cause stop ovulation? Or is it when it's as low as 10-12%?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Muscular body and pregnancy

Post by Boss Man »

Don't really go below 12% Fat, if you're looking to conceive.

Also muscle comes back quicker anyway, because the membrane known as a Fascia doesn't contract, so it provides no resistance like it did in the first place, so any muscle lost can be regained quicker than it happened originally.

The likelihood is you'd lose some Abdominal strength and lose definition.