What will it Really Take?

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

jammin01
STARTING OUT

What will it Really Take?

Post by jammin01 »

Ok, where do I begin? I have been overweight quite honestly for most of life. I have always been the bigger person amongst peers even when looking back now, I really was not that big.
Now I am actually the biggest I have ever been in life, and for the 1st time I not only see it, but I feel it!
4yrs ago a gave birth to beautiful twin boys, and really thought that trying to keep up with them would actually help me to start be more active and start shedding pounds. Oh was I wrong! Since their birth to now, I have put on approx 50lbs!

I have found now that I am tired all the time, have absolutely no energy, and am even starting to feel aches and pains in different areas of body that I never felt aches in before. To be completely honest it is even starting to effect intimacy with boyfriend, and most of the time I just don't have the energy to keep up.

I've gotten to a point in life where I am just unhappy with myself.... I don't like going out, I don't like shopping, I just don't have a desire for much of anything anymore. I can't let it go on this way, as I don't want short comings to spill over onto children.

Having said all of that, I just don't know what to do, or how to do it. I don't know how to eat properly, I don't how to exercise properly...... and to be completely honest, i'm just not motivated to do it!

What will it really take? Can someone please help me!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: What will it Really Take?

Post by Boss Man »

Exercise.

You could do something like this, at any Gym to get you started.

Day 1. Weights.

Day 2. Cardio.

Day 3. Weights.

Day 4. Day off.

Day 5. Cardio.

Day 6. Weights.

Day 7. Day off.

This would keep the days off spaced, so you don't do nothing for 2 days straight and don't train for 5 days straight.

The Cardio could be something like Interval for no more than 20-30 minutes. Interval would be not be so easy for the body to adapt to, as opposed to steady state, where you go at the same pace and intensity for the entire time.

The weights would start off light and increase over 4-6 weeks, to get your body used to the Bio-mechanics of lifting.

This should be pretty much standard beginners fayre for most gyms.

As for the diet, what do you currently eat and what times of the day.