Just Starting- Have Some Questions

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Saintzfan
STARTING OUT

Just Starting- Have Some Questions

Post by Saintzfan »

Hi, I'm just starting getting into losing weight since summer is just around the corner and I want to be in shape and fit by the end. Here's a rundown of me and goals:
Me:
6'0", 16 years old, 158 pounds
Goals:
148 pounds (at least), fit and have abs.

I have pectus so I know abs won't come easy, but I know I can at least get something down there. I know I first have to burn off stomach fat though, which is primary goal anyway. I just started whole workout/diet thing yesterday, so here are all questions:

1. Is this a good starting diet/workout? I'm not taking the extremely seriously, but I want decent results.
On weekdays, I walk a mile to and from school to begin with.
2-3 days out of the week I play a basketball since that's sport. Probably 30-40 minutes of going at it pretty good.
2-3 other days I am doing light workouts in school gym. Then I will still try and do a little something else since the workouts aren't very intense. I will need to replace this as soon as schools over which is in a month or so.
1 day of rest (usually on saturday) and then on Sunday I'll walk 18 holes of golf.

diet has so far consisted of:
Breakfast: Bowl of mini wheats+apple
Lunch: Peanut butter and honey sandwhich on wheat bread+cheese stick+yogurt+nutri-grain bar
Snack after school: Turkey with a tiny bit of mustard
Dinner: Varies, but mom generally makes somewhat healthy meals and a vegetable

2. I've been trying to limit portion size because I realize I used to inhale about 3 servings of cereal each morning without even realizing it, and I'm now finding myself hungry all the time. Is this body just adjusting? Or what?

3. I've been finding on these forums that nuts with no added salt is a good way to stay full. Where can I find unsalted nuts? And what kind? I'm not a fan of pecans and I can hardly handle almonds (but ill do it if that's what it takes) but favorite are cashews or the regular nuts you'd find on airplanes or something. Will those work?