Frustrated

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Hy_001
STARTING OUT

Frustrated

Post by Hy_001 »

Hey guys an gals :)
I’m 5’4’’ and currently 120 lbs. About a month or so ago I set myself a goal to lose 10 lbs, well, get down to 50 kgs which is about 110 lbs. At the start of that goal setting I was 121.5 lbs… I went down to 117.7 and now I’m back up to 120…
This is really frustrating for me because I do not eat sugar (cakes, biscuits, etc) and I exercise regularly. An ‘easy’ day will be like a 3 kilometer run. Last time I checked I had 24% body fat… however that was a month ago and I think I have lost a fair bit cos I’m starting to see abs slightly.
What I REALLY want to get rid of is the fat on hips and butt and inner thighs (lol which girl doesn’t?!) but it just isn’t working. Running, weights, cardio workouts, ab workouts… nothing works! I drink green tea and just upped water intake but still, its just frustrating me no end. Granted, I could probably do with cutting down fat intake but honestly I don’t think its that much. I can’t afford to go to a gym or buy special foods, but I have a huge supply of almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds which I munch every day. I’m also a student with limited time – also working on a building site. I could probably spare 30-45 mins a day. Sometimes a lil bit more but that’s the average. If ANYONE has any ideas or tips… well anything would be very much welcomed :) this is blog… http://theheidingplace.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Hy :)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

obviously the lower wt u r the harder it is lose wt so don't get discouraged. it also means u need 2 b more stringent on ur diet. it miter seem like u have a lot of fats but considering they are twivce the food as carbs and protein (calorie wise) it's always to keep a bit of a tab on it. i only keep track of carbs myself but have a fair idea. i wood say ur training 2 much. when people try and diet down they lower their cals so much and increae exercise as well that there isn't enough cals left ova to actually build muscle

Cal to Muscle Flow Chart

u need to cals full stop...than u need more to fuel workout...then more to build RECOVER...than more to BUILD muscle

the last 2 is where a lot of people go wrong, just bcos u've recoverd doesn't mean u've rebuilt the muscle. this may b ur situation and working in construction, ur "accidental" activity is rather high too. without enough cals to fuel all of that, the body will use muscle as the next best energy source thus decreasing muscle mass and increasing %. By the way u shood b more concerned with bf% than actual wt as i no plenty of 100pders without abs etc (light but fat). ur food choices are very good however and with a little more specific training, u should get 2 ur goal. without equipment i wood do 1 Leg Squats, Push Ups, Pull Ups, Inverted Rows, Lunges, Bridging etc. Some equioment (DB's and / or BB's) wood b very beneficial.

Nice blog and even betta picture
Hy_001
STARTING OUT

Post by Hy_001 »

Hey thanks :)
Cal to Muscle Flow Chart

u need to cals full stop...than u need more to fuel workout...then more to build RECOVER...than more to BUILD muscle

the last 2 is where a lot of people go wrong, just bcos u've recoverd doesn't mean u've rebuilt the muscle. this may b ur situation and working in construction, ur "accidental" activity is rather high too. without enough cals to fuel all of that, the body will use muscle as the next best energy source thus decreasing muscle mass and increasing %. By the way u shood b more concerned with bf% than actual wt as i no plenty of 100pders without abs etc (light but fat). ur food choices are very good however and with a little more specific training, u should get 2 ur goal. without equipment i wood do 1 Leg Squats, Push Ups, Pull Ups, Inverted Rows, Lunges, Bridging etc. Some equioment (DB's and / or BB's) wood b very beneficial.
So are you saying I need more or less calories? LIke I said, I've put ON weight, but I have a feeling its muscle.. and I dont want that much muscle cos well, I used to be a gymnast so I have pretty stocky thighs... imo...

Whats bridging? And inverted rows? I have dumbells... 2kg, 4kg, and those screw on and off ones... I just not too sure what weight or how many reps...
Thanks for your comments!
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

rerad ur blog after posting and u do 2 much running...this can lead to the body expending less energy to do the same amount of work as it's reptitive and the actual movement gets easier so the body doesn't have to as hard to keep it up...this is why aerobic instructors aren't cut...there's an exercise guide on this site for descriptions or just pop them in google and they'll come up...as for a program u want to do superset or triset multi joint exercises for 10 - 12 ish reps with 30secs rest between super / tri sets...interval cardio training is way better for fat loss (fast, slow, med, slow, fast etc)...the wts u have probably won't b heavy enough as u want to be working pretty much 2 ur max each set...wat gymnastics did u used 2 do? i've got some gymnastic rings and they're the hardest things on the planet
Hy_001
STARTING OUT

Post by Hy_001 »

Hey I just did womens gymnastics... ok so I stopped about 10 years ago but they were training us to go to the olympics, like 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day... so yeah got a fair bit of left-over muscle!

I've got this tape called Power Half Hour... done by beachbody.com and its like 30 seconds or so on each activity and you do each one twice with stretches in between. I think its really great - I use 4kg weights for that and it gets pretty hard toward the end.

So maybe running every second day? I havn't run since THursday cos I got a real sore back that day and didn't run the next day... and since then I've been too busy/lazy lol... might go for some HIIT today though.

THanks for the tips so far :)
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

give a breif run threw of that video (exercises, sets, reps etc)...u may be lacking thoracic extension through ur midback...tell me does your lower and upper back curve into an "S"? if so than u ite have tight hip flexors and psoas muscles which have titlted ur pelvis as well as weak upper back...have a look at Neanderthal No More by Mike Robertson and Eric Cressey and they have some teste u can do