Trying to get a 6 pack for a while need help!

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

CRD55
STARTING OUT

Trying to get a 6 pack for a while need help!

Post by CRD55 »

I weight between 155-160. I can see the top 2 abs pretty clearly , but the rest is not as visible. I have some stubborn fat thats holding me back currently. I'm just started taking a supplement called beta stim which I've heard nothing but good things about. Unfortunately right now I can't lift weight due a torn labrum, but i have been doing intense cardio workouts. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me? carb cycle diet? anything would be great
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Trying to get a 6 pack for a while need help!

Post by Boss Man »

Hi CRD, good to speak with you.

Firstly I'd ditch the beta-stim, as it's just loads of caffeine and herbs with a b-vit in it. I'm just bored of companies making designer guff, labelled as containing proprietary blends. They just attempt to do something your body should be able to do with diet and exercise, which means you're playing devils advocate with your biology if you're trying to force your body to work in a way it could be adapted to do, but is not yet capable of, as opposed to protein powders where they provide a bulking assist as an alternative to food, but they are not trying to play god with your thyroid or metabolism in unnatural or dangerous ways.

As for your diet, what times do you eat and what foods do you eat at those times?
CRD55
STARTING OUT

Post by CRD55 »

Boss Man wrote:Hi CRD, good to speak with you.

Firstly I'd ditch the beta-stim, as it's just loads of caffeine and herbs with a b-vit in it. I'm just bored of companies making designer guff, labelled as containing proprietary blends. They just attempt to do something your body should be able to do with diet and exercise, which means you're playing devils advocate with your biology if you're trying to force your body to work in a way it could be adapted to do, but is not yet capable of, as opposed to protein powders where they provide a bulking assist as an alternative to food, but they are not trying to play god with your thyroid or metabolism in unnatural or dangerous ways.

As for your diet, what times do you eat and what foods do you eat at those times?
Hey thanks for the response.

7am usually have scrambled eggs & milk
12-2 salad or sandwiches
5pm ranges from steak, pasta, chicken etc
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The plan isn't too shabby. I'd suggest perhaps having some whole-grain toast with the eggs and milk, or some cereal as other options, to have something like cereal and some chicken as another example.

I'd incorporate a couple of extra meals as well around 9:30-10AM and keep the lunch at 12PM, then another meal around 2:30-3PM.

You've got plenty of options that can be used as full snacks or components of snacks, like microwave baked beans, soup and rice dishes, fruits including tomato and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, ham, turkey, chicken and beef from a packet, low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, low sugar yoghurt, bread, sandwiches, pre-boiled eggs, as you mentioned and flax seeds.
CRD55
STARTING OUT

Post by CRD55 »

Boss Man wrote:The plan isn't too shabby. I'd suggest perhaps having some whole-grain toast with the eggs and milk, or some cereal as other options, to have something like cereal and some chicken as another example.

I'd incorporate a couple of extra meals as well around 9:30-10AM and keep the lunch at 12PM, then another meal around 2:30-3PM.

You've got plenty of options that can be used as full snacks or components of snacks, like microwave baked beans, soup and rice dishes, fruits including tomato and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, ham, turkey, chicken and beef from a packet, low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, low sugar yoghurt, bread, sandwiches, pre-boiled eggs, as you mentioned and flax seeds.
So since I can't really lift(can do some pushups). would you recommend doing squats, cardio, and continuing diet as the best way to achieve it?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Try the best with the diet, but you can do stuff like squats and lunges for the lower body potentially with weight if you can handle it, but as for the upper body it's body weighted bench press, deadlifts and bent over rows that would do it.