work out at home or at the gym

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Do you like working out at home or at the gym?

Home
38%
Gym
50%
Outside
13%
Don't work out
No votes

Total votes: 8

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

work out at home or at the gym

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i prefer to workout at home or outside weather permitting.
shhbreak
STARTING OUT

Re: work out at home or at the gym

Post by shhbreak »

Well, not really sure if that was a question for advice or for opinion?
But yeah, if you have the possibility to workout at home thats nice, but most people simply doesnt have enough room to have the possibility, that would be the case for me too.
Outdoors you can do all sort of stuff too, mainly cardio workout. But nothing beats running if its just for casual weight losing or trying to stay in shape.
Gym is the best option though, ofcourse depending on the gym but most gyms provide more than enough for a full workout routine, be it toning, bulking or general fitness.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Gym because if I try working out at home I become distracted and don't finish workout.
annewjust78
STARTING OUT

Post by annewjust78 »

I think it depends on how you want to lose weight or your schedule. It is better if you are motivated to do it, others wants to go to the gym to have somebody to exercise or workout. They keep motivated by having someone with the same issue as theirs. I used to workout with DH every day, he keeps me motivated and push me when I can't go on.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

annewjust78 wrote:I think it depends on how you want to lose weight or your schedule. It is better if you are motivated to do it, others wants to go to the gym to have somebody to exercise or workout. They keep motivated by having someone with the same issue as theirs. I used to workout with DH every day, he keeps me motivated and push me when I can't go on.

DH?
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

What happen to "All of the above"? :P

I like all of them.. I workout at home when it's raining or when I don't want to see people! I have to force myself more tho but I do it!
I like the Gym.. So I can workout with other people and take classes with friends and we workout together and it's fun.. But just hate the drive!
I like jogging outside too, smell the beautiful air and see people jogging too. Also, I like to walk/run jogs...
(I have to walk with maltipoo but sprint with pitbull.... He thinks I'm too slow for him!!! :roll: )
Also... there days... I don't want to workout at all... So, I don't! I just have to be very strict with diet and calories intake!

So, I like all of the above. It has some ups and downs but as long as your comfortable and doing something.. it's all good :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Why do people feel the need to breed different species I:E a Poodledor, a Labradoodle and in this case a Maltipoo, nice though a Maltipoo looks.

What happens next, are people going to breed a poodle with a shitzu and you end up with a dog called a shitpoo :shock:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:What happens next, are people going to breed a poodle with a shitzu and you end up with a dog called a shitpoo :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHAHA.... You crack me up bossman!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

that is funny. :) I told that joke to 14 year old niece and she laughed. :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote:
Boss Man wrote:What happens next, are people going to breed a poodle with a shitzu and you end up with a dog called a shitpoo :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHAHA.... You crack me up bossman!
What happens if people breed bulldogs with shitzu's; do you get a bullshit :bugeyes:

How many people would enjoy being told that you like to cuddle a bullshit and then asked if they would like to stroke your bullshit :wowzer: :wowzer:.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

HA HA . I told that joke too to boss. :) :funny:
BcoolNgreat
STARTING OUT

Post by BcoolNgreat »

We all can do most workouts at home like using a treadmill, for the stomach and some weights for the arms. But most of us don't have enough resistance exercises at home, especially for the legs. So I think it is important to go to a gym too even though you could be doing a good workout at home. Resistance exercises are important to build bone strength especially after menopause.
Jolynn
STARTING OUT

Post by Jolynn »

musculArgirl2 wrote:i prefer to workout at home or outside weather permitting.
I'm with you on working out at home. That way I can start as soon as I get out of bed! :thumb: