advice on fat plz

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

nokiabad
STARTING OUT

advice on fat plz

Post by nokiabad »

hi friends i was 10 stones i joined gym been going for nearly a month twice a week and iv put on weight im 11.5 stones nw.
i joined gym to lose a small amount of lower fat rest of body is skinny.
At the gym i sprint on treadmill for 20 secs and then rest for 10 secs i do this for full 10 minites then i lift weights. i dont use any protein powder

Can anyone give me advice please

thank you
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: advice on fat plz

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Nokia, good to talk to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
JamesBrunet
STARTING OUT

Post by JamesBrunet »

To reduce lower and turn into lower abs,the best way is crunches so start doing 200 crunches daily that will help you for sure and if you are talking about 20 Sec running, then it is too small time,you should run at least for half an hour daily.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No, crunches are not the best way, far from it and 200 a day will do very little at all for anyone, except cause potential over-training of the ab muscles, leading to inefficiency of effort in the long term.

Also the person is not talking about 20 seconds running in total, they are talking about 20 seconds of sprinting, followed by 10 seconds rest. This sprint and rest cycle is repeated until 10 minutes has been done.

In this respect this method they are using is adequate enough.
traininghomeandaway
STARTING OUT

Post by traininghomeandaway »

Hello nokiabad

Well actually I just wrote an eBook about six pack abs.

First thing I want to say is that when you said "I joined gym to lose a small amount of lower fat"...then this is not possible to just lose fat on certain body parts...your fat percentage will drop when your whole body fat percentage will drop...

To achieve that you have to great a calorie deficite which means that you will consume less calories than your body needs every day. That of cource dont mean that you will start to starve yourself but just start to eat the right things...Remember your body needs proteins, carbs but also fats to get energy.

Well the eatining is really important but at the same time you should do proper core training not just abs exercises.
The thing is that you need strond al around core muscles for your everyday life and to achieve them the simple crunches would not do.

So here are some of the exercises I would recommend:
Different plank holds.
High plank to low plank.
Mountain climber.
Squats with arms up.
Atomic push ups.
Pendulum with side crunch
Deadlift with dumbbells
etc.

I am new here so I do not know if its ok to leave a link to site where you could find all those exercises plus much more with instructions how to do them.
Anyway I hope it helps you a little bit and if you want to ask something then just let me know.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Boss Man wrote:No, crunches are not the best way, far from it and 200 a day will do very little at all for anyone, except cause potential over-training of the ab muscles, leading to inefficiency of effort in the long term.

Also the person is not talking about 20 seconds running in total, they are talking about 20 seconds of sprinting, followed by 10 seconds rest. This sprint and rest cycle is repeated until 10 minutes has been done.

In this respect this method they are using is adequate enough.
Where is the LIKE button when you need it?!? :clap: